Help › Forums

Re: Handicaps in your CC

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 7 2019 4:33 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BillyMayfair
    4,631 Posts
    Sat, Feb 2 2019 3:23 PM

I was involved with Kat when she developed her program...I had been doing it similarly but not being a programmer I was pretty much doing it manually just using a spreadsheet.  Her "program" made it much easier to use   We've used it in New Haven since it's inception...I was able to contact Kat a few times after she kind of left WGT and tweak it some, but since then with the culmination of Tour Champion tiers etc. I've had to go back and manually "adjust" a couple of things but all in all, but I think  it's still the best system out there.  Handicaps are revised and adjusted monthly.  And yes it does take a little more time to do, but we've used it for over 4 years now and no complaints.  

At New Haven we run several what what we call "Major" tournaments each month, some single some unlimited, some just once a month and others based on points gathered for each quarter, or semi annually and even annually.  All have both GROSS and NET results posted.   Our player of the year tournament with a 5000 credit prize is only based on the NET results.

Wayne (BillyMayfair)

• jimreser
    21 Posts
    Mon, Feb 4 2019 6:45 AM

Thanks to all who have responded....much appreciated 

Jim

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Tue, Feb 5 2019 7:40 PM

We use a relatively simple system which simply looks at how far above or below par each player's round is (for 18-hole rounds in club competitions) and then takes the best 12 out of the previous 15 submitted scores and calculates the average from those 12.

It's reactive and adjusts with the start of each new tournament based on how well or badly a player scored in the previous one(s).

• Next260
    2,206 Posts
    Thu, Feb 7 2019 4:20 PM

My handicap is that I have clubs lol..

• mega1byte
    862 Posts
    Thu, Feb 7 2019 4:30 PM

Next260:

My handicap is that I have clubs lol..

lol I know that pain lol

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Feb 7 2019 4:33 PM

BillyMayfair:
    We've used it in New Haven since it's inception

Does it level the field and give the lower tiered players a realistic chance?

• PAGES
RSS