Help › Forums

Re: going up

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 12 2011 3:05 AM (4 replies)
  • russellie
    668 Posts
    Thu, Aug 11 2011 4:05 AM

Hi

Can you tell me why my status has gone from 90 to 90.333. have played a few rounds in comp  and have finished 2nd or third. and have been awarded quite a few points. now I aam down graded !!!!   What chance to I have when all the games I am invited to are pro & above !! seems you are being a bit harsh and makes me wonder if it's worth playing. dosn't give much encouragement. sorry to sound disgrunled but I am.

regards

Russ R.O.I   (Home of golf) !!!!!!!!!
  • WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Aug 11 2011 12:40 PM

Hi

to lower your average, you have to play rated games and power scores. In your case, anything over 45 for 9 holes or 90 for 18 holes will start dropping your average.

-wgticon

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Thu, Aug 11 2011 1:24 PM

keep plugging away. best way to start getting your scores down is to upgrade your clubs and ball and practise practise practise. good luck

sent you some balls see if they help.

• robharris59
    427 Posts
    Thu, Aug 11 2011 2:25 PM

Agree with Plim, get the right clubs, practice and watch your scores come down.

• russellie
    668 Posts
    Fri, Aug 12 2011 3:05 AM

Sorry my fault. should have played practice rounds and not stroke play !!!!   First time having a go at stroke play and of course it was a bit disasterous,   Have got the hang of it now and will know in future. Many thanks plim hope I do them justice

regards

russell

RSS