Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Follow on to re format

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 13 2011 2:03 AM (7 replies)
  • russellie
    668 Posts
    Fri, Aug 12 2011 2:32 PM

As I said I reformated my computer after 5 years of hard work. Wgt  ran o.k without Flash player ( I was testing the game before joining) although slow.

I downloaded Flash from main site only for Norton to inform me there was 3 Trojan Viruses and refused download !!!

Downloaded Flash from C Net and it screwed everything up. Have since removed Flash player. The sites pages were loading section by section , for Example the Wgt title page displayed with the revolving wheel showing percentages, then the other sections piece by piece, taking 5 mins for the front page to display.

Loaded the PLAY GAME page, same thing again.

By now I am realy p'd off. cant load Wgt and play !!!!   I followed the advice on the forum as to how to get the best out of your sytem.

Running Vista Basic and before  I reformated Wgt was fine.

Getting urgent any help appreciated

Regards

Russ

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Aug 12 2011 2:55 PM

Hi,

I am not sure what to tell you but the fact trhat Norton found something when you download from main flash site, leads me to believe that Norton is the issue. As far as other errors, I am not certain.

-wgticon

• Win1Soon
    385 Posts
    Fri, Aug 12 2011 3:25 PM

Icon is 1/2 right.. These are called False/positives by Norton.  You will have this from time to time and need to learn what to over rule. Cheers

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Aug 12 2011 3:26 PM

Icon is right.......

Norton is garbage as well.

Post your system specs and people can help.

• manabouttown11
    573 Posts
    Fri, Aug 12 2011 5:06 PM

and Vista would have to be the worst OS ever

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Fri, Aug 12 2011 6:14 PM

What a combo Vista paired with Norton....Down the dumper...

• russellie
    668 Posts
    Sat, Aug 13 2011 1:26 AM

Problem solved

It was the Flash player that was downloaded from  main site that had 3 Trojan viruses ,Even the one from C?Net carried the same virus. so be aware.

• manabouttown11
    573 Posts
    Sat, Aug 13 2011 2:03 AM

russellie:

Problem solved

It was the Flash player that was downloaded from  main site that had 3 Trojan viruses ,Even the one from C?Net carried the same virus. so be aware.

Thanks for the heads up mate.

Edit:There has been some chatter on the net concerning security vulnerabilities in Adobe products, mainly PDF files, but good to know about their Flash as well. Makes life difficult when it is the dominant web page player :-/

RSS