Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Averages

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 14 2011 1:14 AM (5 replies)
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Aug 13 2011 1:39 AM

I think once you make 'Legend Status' your Average after you get to the X amount of games, then you should get a proper H/Cap.

Once we make Legend there is no need for sandbagging anymore. My Ave. is 64.82 at the moment and that is stable depending on the scores I shoot under that, my Ave doesn't go up anymore. I'm starting to shoot the low scores again now which means my Ave. starts to drop.

This is not a winge... cause I love me Average dropping.

Maybe if Wgt can work out a system for Legends when we can have a real H'cap it should be really good.

Cheers

Roger

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Aug 13 2011 2:07 AM

I was wondering today why the average can't be kept as a true average on all games played. As you say we can't sandbag and there's no further level to reach.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Aug 13 2011 4:15 PM

piztaker:

I was wondering today why the average can't be kept as a true average on all games played. As you say we can't sandbag and there's no further level to reach.

I've thought about this a bit more...and yes sometimes I do think...lol (directed at somebody I know before he says something)

If the Legends have a H/cap or True Ave then it might be possible for us to be split up into grades... A grade, B grade C grade, within the Legends Tier.

Yes..this might open up the door for sandbagging again, but it will give us Legends a bit more incentive to look forward too, instead of twiddling our thumbs and thinking what now.....lol.

Just noticed the other day...I'm only $20-30 off the all time money earners list... now there is something I'm going for at least.

Cheers

Roger

• uoducks63
    53 Posts
    Sat, Aug 13 2011 5:09 PM

i asked this in another thread and got no responce, so i figure i will try to bring it up again here.  When WGT introduced the legend tier for some god awful reason they thought i played well enough to become one HAHA.  My first week as a legend my average jumped up to a 74, here we are almost a year later and i cant get it to go down.  No matter what i shoot it barely moves, I have shot a few 30's and 31's lately and even a 29, but my average only goes down .1 at the most.  Now as a 73.3 average now shouldnt anything under par make it go down and a 29 should make it mover more than .1, at this rate i might get back down to 70 by the time my kids are in college

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sun, Aug 14 2011 12:06 AM

uoducks63:

i asked this in another thread and got no responce, so i figure i will try to bring it up again here.  When WGT introduced the legend tier for some god awful reason they thought i played well enough to become one HAHA.  My first week as a legend my average jumped up to a 74, here we are almost a year later and i cant get it to go down.  No matter what i shoot it barely moves, I have shot a few 30's and 31's lately and even a 29, but my average only goes down .1 at the most.  Now as a 73.3 average now shouldnt anything under par make it go down and a 29 should make it mover more than .1, at this rate i might get back down to 70 by the time my kids are in college

Lets try and work this out... when you move to a new Tier... the first game you play in that new Tier, is the Ave. you will get (I think). 

In the Legend Tier.. you will have to play the magical xx amount of Ranked Rounds, this figure could be 100-200 or even more that that,   before it will start to get steady and then everything under your Ave. it will start to drop. I had a look at your Stats.. you have played 500 Ranked rounds (or something like that).. and the scores you have been shooting maybe might be the reason your Ave. is not dropping.

Ok... Your Ave is 74(or something like that) lets say, you have played 300 ranked rounds in the Legend Tier... if this is the magical xx amount of games needed... every time you shoot under your Ave, then it should go down, by a small margin.

nine holes...36 shots or less... 18 holes anything under your Ave....If your Ave. is going up and down still, then you haven't played the xx amount of ranked rounds yet.

Cheers

Roger

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Sun, Aug 14 2011 1:14 AM

uoducks63:

My first week as a legend my average jumped up to a 74, here we are almost a year later and i cant get it to go down.  No matter what i shoot it barely moves, I have shot a few 30's and 31's lately and even a 29, but my average only goes down .1 at the most.  Now as a 73.3 average now shouldnt anything under par make it go down and a 29 should make it mover more than .1, at this rate i might get back down to 70 by the time my kids are in college

I can only really give you my own experience as an example. When I was made legend my average went from 63 point something up to 66.00. From that point my average has never gone up, irrespective of score.

Every round under 66 over 18 holes and 33 over 9 holes saw my average reduce by 0.01 or in some cases 0.02. This continued until the average reduced to 65, then I had to shoot 65 over 18 and 32 over 9 to see it fall. This process is repeated down the numbers with the scores having to get progressively lower and lower. Now I have to shoot a 29 or lower over 9 holes and 58 or lower over 18 to see a 0.01 reduction.

Looking at your score history it looks to me as though the main reason your average isn't falling is because you aren't playing many ranked rounds. Since June you have 14 scores that would see your average fall. I was playing on average 10 ranked rounds per day, hence mine fell continually. I know you play a lot of guilds on WGTLS, that is the main reason yours does not fall.

RSS