Help › Forums

Re: Miss in windy conditions

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 26 2011 2:52 AM (4 replies)
  • SweetiePie91
    269 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2011 11:11 AM

Hi,

When I miss the ding to the left and wind blowing from right to left, why is it that the ball starts WAY more left than under no wind conditions or wind coming from the other way? What is the reality of that? I get that it maybe should turn more left than usual but not START that much off target.

• SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2011 12:00 PM

Well sweatie, that's obvious.. since u missed it to the left.. it was gonna go left even if the wind was straight. Now imagine the wind blowing from right to left... add the forgiveness of the club... and you'll get the why.

I'm more amazed at the inconsistencies of the game. Two situations at Saint Andrews... both with my 3i club. that is set for 220 average distance, but usually goes farther. In both I ding the meter and was in the fairway. In the first one... 19 mph headwind.. my shot goes 198, I didn't use any backspin. My ball landed in a fescue at 198 yards.. ok.. I think I would think that as there was no elevation it should go at least 205 and maybe lose some yds 2 the wind. I can swallow that one. But then again a similar situation... I am aiming at the hole.... Use the same club with full BS... ding! My balls lands at 195 and rolls some 10 yds more... what?! A difference of only 3 yds with a slightly stronger wind and full BS? And where is the BS of that club against the wind. Used the same club on purpose.If I use full BS with that iron with milder winds in St George I can surely land 10 yds before the hole. 

With the same club I usually go passed 220, but the in a shot I need to go 225 or something.. I have a tailwind(7 mph wind) Ding! it goes only 212.. crap.. the hole is several feet down and there is a rough before.. it surely lands there. how convenient, heh? then against the wind... it goes the distance... are you kidding me? 

I like the game but sure I get pissed off more than often at this. Anyone can say, no 2 shots are the same.. I agree.. but the margin by which you get this inconsistencies shouldn't be that big. Less, things like this tend to happen at the most convenient time.. you need those yds to reach the green.. you are dreaming. You need to stop the ball.. whooooa.. ball.. why did you go 240 yds?! Why di I get 5 yds from hole now if I only miss it slightly and in the same situation I landed 1 ft with the same club... Is that the thing they call VEM? Why things work sometime in favor of the player when you think it was bad and others you get really f... up with a shot you ding?

.. and countless examples, but yet no answer. Many have posted replays of these unbelievable things. If something like that happens by a pond or a brush... there goes your money.. WGT takes your ball out and yo have to put  more money in if you want good expensive (yet fast meter balls) you lost because of them, not you. That is called stealing in my language. Maybe you should lose one ball for every 3 you really lose to compensate for the glitches. Isn't it enough punishment to lose  a shot and maybe a game, or a tournament because of this? LOL, I must be dreaming!

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2011 12:38 PM

Hey Soyel.

The lady had enough problems already. lol.

• Tonto0206
    460 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2011 1:37 PM

He's only had 8 double bogeys in 133 ranked rounds   - pretty remarkable, given what he says above.

• SweetiePie91
    269 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2011 2:52 AM

SOYEL1:
    Well sweatie, that's obvious.. since u missed it to the left.. it was gonna go left even if the wind was straight. Now imagine the wind blowing from right to left... add the forgiveness of the club... and you'll get the why.

It makes NO sense why it should START more left just because wind blowing that way?! As I said I get why it goes more left but its the way it starts that confuses me..

RSS