Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Tournament Closed

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 31 2011 11:52 PM (4 replies)
  • qbkid96
    2 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2011 1:20 PM

Why is the monthly Kiawah Tourney from Aug. 1st- Sept. 1st closed on Aug. 31st?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2011 2:22 PM

hi

i think it maybe an issue with server clock. i'll have to look into it. sorry about that

-wgticon

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2011 4:42 PM

The same reason the Open qualifiers close the day before listed.  Since the game runs on PST, things that end on 8/31 actually end at 3AM on 9/1 EST.  So they show the close date as 9/1, because apparently they figure we wouldn't be able to figure it out ourselves, I guess.  WGT staff corresponded in e-mail with me regarding the Open qualifiers, but have not fixed the issue.  In grammar, when something is listed as X-Y, that reads as X through Y, but WGT hasn't figured this out yet.  But if it says Aug 1st-Sept 1st, what that means grammatically is that the tourney will run until it is no longer Sept 1st, but to WGT it means until Sept 1st arrives PST.

But yes, if a tourney is listed as running - Sept 1st, then any time you play on Sept 1st should count.  One of these days, maybe WGT will fix that.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2011 5:11 PM

But if you entered it before then you can actually still play it today. I entered it at the beginning of the month but never played it. Reading your post gave me a reminder that i hadn't played it yet so tried it and it let me. 

Got metered on the 1st tho and withdrew.....lol

Dazza

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2011 11:52 PM

Hi all,

we found the issue and I think it is fixed for the next month.

-wgticon

RSS