Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Best embedded YT video dimensions

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 16 2011 1:05 AM (2 replies)
  • Draklems
    224 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2011 1:02 AM

What are the best embedded width and height dimensions to use when embedding YT videos to minimize the black 'letter box' area?

Using the default BB code ‘view’ tag without including dimensions creates a lot of black letter box area, so I want to figure out the best height and width dimensions to use so that the black letter box area is minimized while accommodating the YT’s windscreen video format. 

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2011 6:03 AM

I usually use a multiple of 16:9.

So for a widescreen youtube video, width 480 height 270 seems to work quite well for me.

• Draklems
    224 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2011 1:05 AM

IvaThongon:

I usually use a multiple of 16:9.

So for a widescreen youtube video, width 480 height 270 seems to work quite well for me.

Thanks for the reply, but those dimensions don't display the widescreen video correctly. The right side is cutoff and there's also some uneven letter box area. Here's a random YT video I pulled to show what I mean. 

EDIT** Actually in the preview the right side was cutoff, but in the post it was not. So I take that part back. I'm not sure if there is a way to get rid of the letterbox areas. 

So I'm still looking for the best way to display YT videos correctly if anyone has an idea how that's done. By correctly I mean no letter box area. Maybe there is a forum coding issue on WGT's end that needs adjusted to properly display widescreen videos. 

RSS