Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Adverts

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 22 2011 9:32 PM (6 replies)
  • russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2011 3:01 PM

Hi am i the only 1 that is getting a bit fed up of having to watch these damm 30sec adverts, b4 i can play a round  on my own? i know WGT needs to get in revenue,but if i wanted to watch adverts i'd watch tv which is annoying at the best of times just as your getting involved in the film/programme.

RUSSELL

• dandaley
    83 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2011 7:05 PM

They are not so bad.  Watch the Dove ads, they give you a free ball.  Happy Golfing!

• broahes
    191 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2011 10:39 PM

I don't mind them because it is good to know they are pulling revenue somewhere other than charging a monthly/yearly fee to play on the site.. as not everyone purchases through the pro shop.  Just a though..

• acca
    78 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2011 12:53 AM

broahes:

I don't mind them because it is good to know they are pulling revenue somewhere other than charging a monthly/yearly fee to play on the site.. as not everyone purchases through the pro shop.  Just a though..

agree 100% we dont get charged to play and only go to the pro shop if we want to witch i do , wgt is still and always will be the best golf game on a pc ......

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2011 8:34 AM

That's all well and good as regards you don't want to have to pay to use this site but i'm sure there is another way they can get the adverts across,as when you see them on the game screen when you have finished a hole,and it goes to scorecard but i have had several cases now where the advet does not run and just freezes the screen,which means i've had to either refresh screen,or come out completely and start again,like i have just tried playing a game and had to refresh once no effect,and come out completely twice b4 i could carry  on with the game,not good

RUSSELL

• Bluenose12
    2,101 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 9:19 PM

The thing that bothers me the most is seeing the same advert over and over,I feel like doing something homicidal now when I see the car advert with the little metal bird singing about being free lol

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 9:32 PM

Luckily, I don't see these adverts. Just the pop ups a little, and the banners. Easy to ignore.

RSS