Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Unbelievable

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 16 2011 12:01 PM (9 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2011 7:21 PM

Doesn't anyone play AS games anymore? I have been 30 minutes trying to find a game. All courses and all levels. Not one person on here accepting a game. Doesn't look too good here.

• Mesmorizer
    614 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2011 7:36 PM

Truth be told I have not played one AS game yet. I hate quitters and could see it getting frustrating. I personally was waiting till Master level to try it but may try soon. I figured by waiting hopefully the quitter would be fewer with Master up>>> lol.

• manabouttown11
    573 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2011 8:07 PM

I played my first AS yesterday with 3 legends and enjoyed every minute. Although i felt for my partner due to my lack of length off the tee, but he was very understanding and the chat was friendly and informative. I was a bit concerned about my internet connection being a tad unstable and being disconnected then accused of quitting. Luckily my connection held up for the entire game PHEW!!. Today my connection is really really bad (mobile wireless on the edge of service area) so would not even attempt to join a game (disconnected and reconnected thrice while writing this). Having played my first i would love to play more, maybe not with 3 legends again unless they were ok with putting up with my lack of talent ;-p

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2011 8:54 PM

renniw52:

Doesn't anyone play AS games anymore? I have been 30 minutes trying to find a game. All courses and all levels. Not one person on here accepting a game. Doesn't look too good here.

I am always looking for enough players for Alt. Friends only though. I have sent you a friend request.

Likewise manabouttown.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2011 8:59 PM

manabouttown11:
    I played my first AS yesterday with 3 legends

bet u learned something

• manabouttown11
    573 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2011 9:33 PM

gsoup:

manabouttown11:
    I played my first AS yesterday with 3 legends

bet u learned something

I learned how much i suck LOL. No seriously i was doing my best just to put my partner in as good a position as possible while trying not to be too disillusioned with my lack of ability. I see now where my game is deficient and where i am doing ok. So yes i did learn something from the game and am very appreciative to them for allowing me to join their illustrious company.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2011 7:56 AM

I like the AS games better than any other options on here. You meet some fantastic people from all over the world. I have experienced a few quitters, but it's usually due to them getting disconnected. Sometimes you have to wait what seems like forever, but the majority come back if they can. Finally got a full one in last night with 2 legends and a tour master.Great game, super nice guys, game went down to the last hole, my p and I got it back all square. We lost on the first extra hole but I would not trade that lose for 5 wins. One of the most enjoyable rounds I have ever had on here. This is what this game is all about. I have played with all levels. I love it when the better players teach this old dog some new tricks, as well as when this old dog can teach some of the newer players a few things. Hope to meet more of you on here.

Ren

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2011 8:47 AM

Ren well said, my sentiment also  AS give me the most fun i meet the nice people here .i am available ........most time

• maruschak
    572 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2011 9:40 AM

I'm a Tour Pro, level 60 with an avg of just over 72; so I'm playing decent , according to what m y expectations are, seeing that I use the starter clubs in my bag! Now I was playing a lot of stroke play matches on all available courses, and found that I was winning some matches against obvious better players, better equipped,..even at the Master level,..and needless tom say  I've lost some too!

I recently began delving in the AS games, and find it simply great,..ironically each time I joined there were 4 players...2 of which were Masters or Legends and 2 of the Pro Tour variety, so the partners were always evenly matched, ie; Master/Pro vs Master/pro.

I'll happily point out out that every match ( about 6 now) in that format, I played well above my head, I guess the idea of "helping" the partner was a must is paying off! I;m awed by the ability of these Masters; and I'll point out the fact that I;m presently proud to say I was a winner in all 6 matches,..lucky maybe, but it goes to show that a  player who can score lets say an average of even to 4 over for 9 holes can in fact compete in the AS format without getting embarrassed!  I find the Masters very congenial,..each saying,.."no worries, we're gonna have fun!:    And believe me, that helps a great deal!

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2011 12:01 PM

Again mar, what it's all about. You can learn a lot, but more important have a lot of fun. Hope to hook up with you sometime on one. If ya don't laugh at my playing ability you'll get some kicks out of some of my comments. Keep playing those AS games, you get better points and better instruction than when you golfsterbate. (That's playing alone). Sorry I had to say that.

RSS