Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Bought the Level 60 Set of Clubs...

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 17 2011 2:28 PM (7 replies)
  • Mesmorizer
    614 Posts
    Sat, Sep 17 2011 11:51 AM

Hi all I bought the level 60 clubs (Ping 10 set) yesterday. I am really liking them, quite a speed adjustment from the lvl 25 Raptures I was using lol. I am looking for any tips as all would be appreciated. Through playing some practice rounds I have noticed that I sucked with flopping with the Wedges as I had got used to the raptures. On the Raptures you aim then miss to the left to straighten it out any pointers on floppin with the clubs I have?? I have noticed that the distance seems shorter and am I suppose to ding it now?

Another question, I have noticed on the 3 wd for example I use a full back spin and the thing flies lol. Rated 235 but with a 10-12 MPH wind at me I am hittin it 255-260 lmao Seriously good but whole new learning curve.

WIth the clubs I notice a slight miss make a hugh differance now which is cool just need to ding. .

Well will leave it at that just looking for any pointers as the post I have found on the subject are  bit old and wanted some help from the people tht have used the clubs and know about them. Thanks in advance for your help.

Mes. 

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Sep 17 2011 12:13 PM

After using the free clubs, going to one upgrade, then to the raptures and with the G10 Irons I have used for perhaps a year, all I can provide is this- It requires time investment. There are no shortcut clubs that produce instant success...but the fun is in the discovery of what each club can do.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Sep 17 2011 12:30 PM

Start the day with a few holes using the free balls, after that the meter speed will seem a lot slower.

• Mesmorizer
    614 Posts
    Sat, Sep 17 2011 12:31 PM

Very well said Sweetiepie and thank you for posting. I relize time invested and playing will get me to where I am going. My post is to try and get any pointers to keep in mind while learning the new clubs. I dont want to be sticking to the same old not relising the clubs will not react the way I want them to. Just like in real life you talk to people that have the same clubs just to see what they have learned is all, nothing wrong with getting advice from the people that have been there.  Helps to progress. Thanks for your post!

Edit:

Piz, thanks actually since playing this game, not long I know but have played often in the just over a month i have played, I purposly have played with ball with no feel to make sure that later on the trasition would be smoother, Well hopefully lol. I notice with the set the speed is basically the same as my wedges from before. I will stick to the no feel ball to get the timing down thanks for the advice.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Sep 17 2011 12:53 PM

Oh, and when you get to the top of your backswing, hold it there for 5 seconds. I don't know why this helps but it does.

• Wayno_1
    397 Posts
    Sat, Sep 17 2011 1:10 PM

Also put all your loose change in your left pocket....lol

• chadgolfingBA
    14 Posts
    Sat, Sep 17 2011 2:28 PM

And turn your hat around backwards... haha Go Tincup!! LOL

• Mesmorizer
    614 Posts
    Sat, Sep 17 2011 3:03 PM

Wayno_1:

Also put all your loose change in your left pocket....lol

WOW didnt relize people still use real money, I only use cards lol .

@Piz,

I have heard about holding the shot for 2 seconds but 5??? lol well will give it a go now.

Thanks for the replies so far guys.Although was looking for aa little bit more tech help regarding spin, distance etc lol. But all replies are appriciated.

RSS