Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Receiving Messages from Friends

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 19 2011 4:02 PM (4 replies)
  • maruschak
    572 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2011 9:45 AM

I;'m new at this so bear with me,....I recently attempted to send messages to 2 players by clicking on their profile, typing in the words and "submitting". Now I knoe for a fact 1 member responded by sendin me a reply,...but when I go to my profile, and click on "my messages"...all I have is the message that I sent to the other players,...no replies!

Now these players invited me as a "friend" and I excepted,....however...do I need to go back to their profile and click on "invite as friend"??? As I don't believe I have,...now assuming the reason for my not being able to retrieve a response is because I have NOT invited that player!!  Even though that player has invited ME!!!

Hope I made myself clear!,.....I think I'm now getting myself confused! LOl...again forgive my naivete!   Thank you

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2011 11:27 AM

hi

if you have accepted them as friends that should be it. if/when they reply to your message then there should be reply in 'my messages'. but, if they sent a new message as a replay then there wouldn't be a reply under your message.

if you do not see any replies period but gotten an email about it, then perhaps it was on your wall and they removed it afterwards?

-wgticon

• maruschak
    572 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2011 12:24 PM

-wgticon

I thank you!!

• Lashe
    824 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2011 12:30 PM

Not sure I completely understand what you are meaning here.  But I do know that there have been problems in the past with replying directly to a message that you have open.

We have discussed this some in our CC and have found that when replying directly to a message (while it is open - where you have just opened and read the message) that the reply doesn't always go through.  Instead, you need to click on the unopened message in your message box by clicking on the reply button (the little left hand turn arrow for 'quick reply').  In this case it has been found that the message always delivers.

Hope this helps to solve your problem or at least helps someone out there.  It can feel a bit dismissive to send a message to a friend and they never reply back.  Just know that might not always be the case and they may very well believe their message has been sent.

Hit Well, Have Fun

• maruschak
    572 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2011 4:02 PM

Not sure I completely understand what you are meaning here.  But I do know that there have been problems in the past with replying directly to a message that you have open.

Thanks lashe,..I sent a msg to a player and saw no reply,..in a game later, i mentioned it  in the chat and that player informed me a message was sent to me as a response,...I see none in my messages, which prompted to initiate this thread!

RSS