Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Attaing The Next Player Rank

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 21 2011 8:48 PM (9 replies)
  • maruschak
    572 Posts
    Wed, Sep 21 2011 9:11 AM

Here's another question, ( I'm full of them!)....I'm currently a level 63 Tour Pro with a scoring avg of 71.76.  My question is,.." What will be the factor which will elevate me to the Master rank?"

Not that I'm anxious to get there,....with my clubs, playing from the farther tees would not be in my best interest!  Not sure if,... as soon as a player gets to a certain avg score, he/she automatically gets elevated!  I'm confused on this issue, as I see Pro Tour players with averages comparable to a Master's.  ie; 68., or 69.

Can someone explain the ranking system in rather short precise detail??? I would certainly be much obliged!

• cricketrules
    1,050 Posts
    Wed, Sep 21 2011 9:26 AM

maruschak:

Can someone explain the ranking system in rather short precise detail??? I would certainly be much obliged!

That's quite an ask. 

As a fellow Tour Pro (68.76 average), I too have no major interest in Tiering up.

But anyway, Tiering up is supposedly different for everybody. However, it's widely agreed that you need to get your average below a certain score (I think it's about 67 for Tour Pro to Master) and play a certain amount of Ranked rounds. No idea what this number is, though. Level has nothing to do with it. 

As for the Masters with lower averages, I think your average is reset or something when you go up a Tier. It can certainly go up at the start, anyway, which it can't after a certain amount of Ranked rounds on your current Tier.

Hope I helped... Jack.

• maruschak
    572 Posts
    Wed, Sep 21 2011 10:49 AM

Thanks Jack,...btw my name is also Jack,....I think I understand, and I too have no great interest in tiering up, as I mentioned!

Realistically, I don't seem me getting an average that low,...so with my equipment, I'm content competing at this level and having a great deal of fun doing it! Again I thank You most kindly!      "Jack"

• cricketrules
    1,050 Posts
    Wed, Sep 21 2011 11:24 AM

maruschak:

Realistically, I don't seem me getting an average that low

My best round ever is 67, so I never saw myself getting my average that low, but after a certain amount of rounds your average goes down even if you shoot a score higher than your average. It's supposed to stop people staying at the same Tier too long to take advantage of tournaments and stuff.

Anyway, the Tiering up will come eventually. And with it, I'm sure, new challenges and a new way of looking at this game so it's not all bad I guess. But I am definitely not getting up to Legend Tier and spending all that money on Drivers and Balls. Nope.

Jack :)

• Cadie
    33 Posts
    Wed, Sep 21 2011 12:47 PM

When my average dropped below 67 I turned master. Your average is reset.  My first round  as a master I shot +4 so my average jumped to 76.This is why you see masters with higher averages than Tour pros.

• maruschak
    572 Posts
    Wed, Sep 21 2011 4:06 PM

So in a sense,...once ur hooked on the game ( as I seem to be presently) and you become a Master and now tee off from several yds farther back,....in order to play as well as you were accustomed to, you'll need to up grade your clubs and balls,..which naturally will cost $$$$,...or spend hours after hour looking for free credits!!

Man...life is full of vicissitudes!!   How am I ever gonna survive this!!!! lol lol

Jack

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Sep 21 2011 4:25 PM

I can assure you that at the Legend tier it will take more than clubs, balls and putters.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Sep 21 2011 5:02 PM

Well Andy won't wear a dress, so what is his secret?  He must have one. Please don't rip me a new, I'm just kidding Sweetie.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Wed, Sep 21 2011 5:03 PM

TP to Master occurs at an average of 67. When you have played the requisite number of ranked rounds, your average will stop being an average and will only go down and not up. It will only go down however, if you shoot scores less than what your average appears to be.

At Master tier, you have to play 30 ranked games before this happens, and at Tour Master, it is 50 ranked rounds. At Master you restart your average at 67, so anything you shoot above this will make your average rise, which is why a Master can have an average of say, 70. When you hit 63, you tier up to Tour Master and your green speed changes to tournament speed. This tournament speed is slightly slower than the legend speed, also,  for reasons of Wgt clarity, known as Tournament speed.

This is not as confused as it gets wasn't it not.

Lizzie xx

• maruschak
    572 Posts
    Wed, Sep 21 2011 8:48 PM

SweetiePie:

I can assure you that at the Legend tier it will take more than clubs, balls and putters.

Looking at the scores put up by Legends,....I must agree,....no matter how "good" a club is, U must hit it where you must and use the  exact distance ,.......something everyone cannot accomplish,....and that includes yours truly!!!!

RSS