Forums

Help › Forums

Re: I need a 64 wedge in the bag so.....

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 27 2011 7:42 AM (8 replies)
  • Mesmorizer
    614 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2011 3:01 PM

Hi all,

I bough the lvl 60 PIng set last week. I am loving it but have noticed that I am certainly missing something. So I have read a few post, talked with a few people and relize its the 64 Wedge. What I am having trouble with is what do I take outta my bag. I am leaning towards taking my 3wd out of the bag and replacing that with a 64 Wedge as I figure the Hybrid may have a bit less distance but can be used on the fairway or in the rough. So if I could get some people sexperinces  it would help as I am only a few good games away from Master I belive and well with that a whole new learning curve will come.

Thanks, Mes

BTW i am thinking about the ping level 42 64 Wedge as the speed matches my set. Any better or is this  good one till later?

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2011 4:05 PM

Personally i dropped my hybrid along time ago. You'll find that a lot of players have.

Think about how many times you use your 3wood compared to to your hybrid. Do you need the extra distance with the 3wood to reach par 5's or can you reach them with your hybrid? You mention you're close to the master tier so you'll definitely be needing the 3wood then so maybe for now you could drop it and play with the hybrid but keep hold of the 3wood for when you make the step up.

My advice on which to buy is the level 39 taylor made satin 64 degree. This club is the business in my opinion and there are lots of other players that will tell you the same.

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2011 4:22 PM

drop the hybrid for an extra wedge.

• gene1022
    112 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2011 4:29 PM

Drop the hybrid and go for the Cleveland 64, it gives you a 50 and 60 yd shot. Just be careful with the spin.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2011 6:09 PM

The 3wd punch works well out of the rough......well, atleast that is true for the r11 3wd.

Just a thought.  but I would keep the 3wd over the hybrid too,  actually that's what I did do.  Back when I was on the Pro tees, I carried 4 wedges, but can't afford to nor do I need to from the master tees. 

Just remember, the punch yardage helps fill the yardage gaps, especially on the wedges.

Hope this helped

• Mesmorizer
    614 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2011 6:23 PM

gene1022:

Drop the hybrid and go for the Cleveland 64, it gives you a 50 and 60 yd shot. Just be careful with the spin.

This was my plan for later down the road was going to buy them when I reached the higher levels. The only one avalible right now to me is the lower lvl one. Has a high arc and considered it but the Satin/PING level 42 has better accuracy etc for a much lower price so will use them till later .

Thanks all for the imput. I have noticed that the 30 yard or less shots just cant get accurate with what I got. I am going to drop my Hybrid get the lvl 42 64 Ping Wedge for now see if it helps me till I can get the higher Clevelands.

Thansk again,

Mes.

• Mesmorizer
    614 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2011 6:51 PM

well just  update to you all. I did the exact thing I was talking about above. Went out scored a 33 in the weekly for a minus 3. All 3 birdies were thanks to the 64 Wedge! And to top it off I hit Master after the round.

Thanks all again.

Mes.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2011 6:58 AM

Mesmorizer:

And to top it off I hit Master after the round.

Congrats

• Mesmorizer
    614 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2011 7:42 AM

Thanks hpurey for the grazt and the information!

Edit: As I have got my answrs and help I am locking thread thanks again guys!

RSS