Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Redundant News item.

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 2 2011 10:15 AM (3 replies)
  • oneeyedjohn
    9,570 Posts
    Sat, Oct 1 2011 11:03 PM

The 6 free callaways offer was top of the news items when I returned from a 2 week holiday. I just quickly saw the offer and threw my $30 in expecting the 6 balls.

When they didn't show up I reread the offer more carefully and then realised it had expired.

Very disappointing to say the least.

If an offer has expired then it should be removed or somehow made clear it no longer applies.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Oct 1 2011 11:28 PM

oneeyedjohn:

The 6 free callaways offer was top of the news items when I returned from a 2 week holiday. I just quickly saw the offer and threw my $30 in expecting the 6 balls.

When they didn't show up I reread the offer more carefully and then realised it had expired.

Very disappointing to say the least.

If an offer has expired then it should be removed or somehow made clear it no longer applies.

hi

sorry about that. I think the way pop ups are generates is that once they active they can't be taken back.

sorry about that. i'll mention it to our web team, maybe they can be improved.

-wgticon

• oneeyedjohn
    9,570 Posts
    Sun, Oct 2 2011 12:48 AM

Thanks Icon for ur quick reply, ..........................

6 Free Calls would of course greatly improve my mood.

- 1i  " master of the blind tee shot "

• 3puttsSuk
    361 Posts
    Sun, Oct 2 2011 10:15 AM
     Each News item has the date it was posted right up front.  It's not that its a 'redundant news item'  rather there hasn't been any news since the ball post.  The end of the article clearly states 

* One-time offer available to WGT players buying $30 or more WGT Credits 9/22-25/11 and will receive 6 free Callaway Tour i(z) (L35+) virtual golf balls.

Although the link in the article simply takes you to BUY CREDITS without any connection to the free ball offer.  Quite misleading.  Also notice no " * " asterisk by the title of the news post. Also misleading.  If there's one at the end there needs to be one up front too.

Side note:  somehow this all printed in Bold , not sure why. Maybe has something to do with the link I copy/pasted

RSS