Help › Forums

Re: Other games

Wed, Oct 5 2011 3:47 PM (9 replies)
  • JuanMendoza
    469 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2011 12:22 AM

Are you a gamer, or a golfer?

Do you play any PC games besides WGT?

How long have you been playing PC games?

• argydehes
    72 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2011 12:35 AM

I don't play any games other than this and Tiger Woods Online.  I use to do a trivia league thing that was forum based for a while too and enjoyed it a lot.  I've played golf for a little over 6 years and I'm not much better than the day I started, lol.

I am an online poker addict but have drifted away from it since April when the Federal Government decided that they wanted to come to my rescue.  There are still a few sites that I can play on here in the US, but I don't trust them enough to invest any serious time or money.

I've been playing here about 2 weeks, Tiger Woods since mid 2010 and online poker for about 6 years. 

More importantly.. what about you?

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2011 12:52 PM

LOL. I used to play other PC games until I found WGT. Now the one I have gather dust.

One day WGT will probably cease to be, so i'll get the dustbuster out and crack on with the others until someone like Yankee emails me the next generation online golf game.

My history:

Arcade machines: Space Invaders etc.

Commodore Amiga

N64

PC

WGT

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2011 12:58 PM

This is my first and only. That's one of the reasons why my stats are so poor.

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2011 1:42 PM

That and the fact you're crap. lol

• ifixpcs
    130 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2011 2:00 PM

I play black ops, black ops zombie, battlefield, deadspace.  gonna be playing a few others when they come out in the next few weeks.  

I've resolved to play WGT daily to get my points.  Maybe one or two games daily.

I have to play these other games to see what will run them.  I'm constantly building gaming rigs for local clients.  You have to know what runs the games smoothly before you build them.  It's not many games I haven't played.  I consider it R&D in my field.

• PorkyWalrus
    607 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2011 2:26 PM

I also like to play mahjjong  on the AARP site. I'm 35 years old, my aunt suggested it. Also like billiards on the miniclip site.

• JuanMendoza
    469 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2011 2:28 PM

Been playing Left4Dead and L4D2 for about 2 years, before that Battlefield 2 for about 3 years. Looking forward to BF3.

Started gaming in about 1984 with a C64, then an Amiga, but online gaming against (or with) others for about 6 years now. Love the whole Co-op thing and teamplay.

WGT has its place, but shooters are adrenaline games.

While playing WGT, I wear the British Open 2010 cap I won last year.

When playing L4D, I wear a Thai hillman's cap my wife bought for me in Thailand (scares the hell out of 'em).

When playing Battlefield, I wear a Russian officers cap, bought in Russia when the wall went down....

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2011 9:46 PM

PeterHopper:

That and the fact you're crap. lol

I did say one of the reasons. Mind you you can check my matchplay results against you if you like. :-)

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2011 3:47 PM

Is it 3-1 in your favour?

RSS