Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Calling all Legends

Sat, Oct 8 2011 1:03 PM (39 replies)
  • Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 7:37 PM

hpurey:

Well, shti, this topic has gone terribly terribly of the path I had in mind when I started it.  

All started when a tour pro butted in to a topic titled calling all Legends lol

Oh well

Might as well lock it WGTicon......no more use at this point

Thanks again all who contributed in a positive sense.

HP

Only one thing to do hpurey....make Legend man and enjoy the ride...being a Legend is what you want because that means you are one of the best...played the game straight and got to the top.  There are a lot of Legends way better than me and always will be but I feel I'm pretty good just because I'm a Legend.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 8:28 PM

PeterHopper:
    Why is the person stil alowed to post on the forums, yet Mio has been banned from the game completely?

thats a real good question

PeterHopper:
    Icon answer this one

yes, please

-G

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 11:25 PM

Here me now: I will not let anyone derail these posts with your bickering. If I have to mute 1 of you or 20 of you, I will do so and move on.

I am leaving this thread in hopes that several of you who got emails from me will heed this warning.

I rather not wake up and delete 30 more off topic posts.

-wgticon

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 11:44 PM

Understood Icon, but dang, I've bitten my lip for months and not responded.

Thanks for the leeway.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 11:51 PM

WGTicon:
    I am leaving this thread in hopes that several of you who got emails from me will heed this warning.

you are a good Icon, and hope those who have bitten their lip have not drawn blood

thank you Icon

• robdelahunty
    670 Posts
    Fri, Oct 7 2011 3:01 AM

Well I like to paractise the Legend tees as i approach the holy grail (61.24) at the moment. Must say i relish the oppurtunity and cannot wait  to play from the Tips,assuming i make it that far of course!

Play the ball as it lies!

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Oct 7 2011 3:25 AM

I think you still have a little time to go until you make Legend H, unless you shoot some very low scores.. make sure you let us all know in the forum when you do

Good Luck

Roger

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Oct 7 2011 3:27 AM

robdelahunty:

Well I like to paractise the Legend tees as i approach the holy grail (61.24) at the moment. Must say i relish the oppurtunity and cannot wait  to play from the Tips,assuming i make it that far of course!

Play the ball as it lies!

Your just about there Rob, It's really not that bad off the Blacks.

Good Luck too

Roger

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Sat, Oct 8 2011 12:26 PM

One thing to note.   WGT was the one who came up with the names for the tiers.  When this started to be discussed a lot of us felt that the term Legend was a little lofty for all of us except for a dozen or so players. 

However in the end WGT chose the tier names and we moved on.  Anyone who constantly rails about the term legend is railing at the wrong people, many of us were Masters and converted to Legends last fall when WGT came up with the new rankings.  Now it is just a term to us not something that makes us feel we are better than anyone else.

The discussion of playing with standard clubs is silly.  Most of the really good players on this site can take standard balls and clubs and break par from the white tees.  These guys are great putters that is the key to their scoring.  Granted you won't have as short of putts but they will put it close on holes that are short and on holes they can't reach in 2 their wedge shots will get close.  Many of these players broke par back when no other clubs than standard were available.  Last year in the British Open I used standard balls and qualified, I felt they took less effect from the wind so it can be done.

I choose not to use standard clubs, I can and once in a while someone sets up a tournament or challenge with them but frankly it is too much trouble to change them and then change them back.  I don't play real golf with my 1955 MacGregor Tourney Irons and my Titleist persimmon woods anymore.

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, Oct 8 2011 1:03 PM

TarheelsRule:
    many of us were Masters and converted to Legends last fall when WGT came up with the new rankings.  Now it is just a term to us not something that makes us feel we are better than anyone else.

I think many of those who were not around really do not know this. I remember that day I logged in! Man was I angry, that was the whole reason I had WGT deactivate my old account and I started all over again. I personally felt I had not obtained the ranking and was upset being thrown in to it. Personally I am glad that I earned it, I was not ready for the level at the time. 

Great post Tarheel

RSS