Forums

Help › Forums

Re: LEGEND STATUS

Sat, Jan 2 2021 11:36 AM (8 replies)
  • Ihatethisapptoo
    12 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2020 6:35 AM

I just made legend status last week.  What are the requirements to level up?  I only have 15 total ranked rounds and my avg. is 149.  Are levels just a bunch of based on how long you've played or is there real achievements. I doesn't seem that i should have made legend, or even Tour Master for that matter. 

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2020 11:28 AM

Traditionally, it goes by achievements, i.e. scores, average and ranked rounds played.

Especially for players on the apps (H2H, room matches, no scores counting), promotion by level has been introduced.

For you, apparently, L96 did it to become a Legend - congrats and don't look back (there is no way down)!

• MarchieB
    1,529 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2020 11:49 AM

alosso:
    Especially for players on the apps (H2H, room matches, no scores counting), promotion by level has been introduced.

Alosso, I do not believe it is based on Levels at all. If it was we would have a chart by now similar to the AVG chart showing at what level you get each tier. Right now it’s still random for each player.

I’m pretty sure even for “coin room only” players it’s still based on playing skill. No one knows for sure what WGT looks at or the criteria to tier up but I would think it’s based on some combo of skill based criteria. They could look at coin room win percentage, skill level of defeated opponents, amount of coins won, standings in showdowns, weekly division standings. 

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2020 1:37 PM

MarchieB:
    Alosso, I do not believe it is based on Levels at all. If it was we would have a chart by now similar to the AVG chart showing at what level you get each tier. Right now it’s still random for each player.

I’m pretty sure even for “coin room only” players it’s still based on playing skill. No one knows for sure what WGT looks at or the criteria to tier up but I would think it’s based on some combo of skill based criteria. They could look at coin room win percentage, skill level of defeated opponents, amount of coins won, standings in showdowns, weekly division standings. 

For mobile players playing H2H matches, WGTChampion has stated, "for the first few tiers we have specific levels that will push the player to the next tier."

https://www.wgt.com/forums/p/531116/3605103.aspx#3605103

• SamSpayed
    4,998 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2021 11:13 PM

Robert1893:

For mobile players playing H2H matches, WGTChampion has stated, "for the first few tiers we have specific levels that will push the player to the next tier."

https://www.wgt.com/forums/p/531116/3605103.aspx#3605103

Based on what I've observed, I believe this is accurate.  If anyone finds otherwise, or has any tiers to add, please let me know.

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2021 1:39 AM

I'm afraid it's not that easy.

This information is from the first pages of the tiered member lists - country only USA.

Looking at entries with 150 averages ("mobile players"), I find zero Hacks with L0 (the count begins with L1), quite a few Hacks up to L19 and Amateurs up L29 - perhaps, L20 / L30 is the promotor, respectively.

"150" Pros go up to L49, proposing another limit at L50.

Above that., it's becoming difficult.

"150" Tour Pros go up to L92, "150" Masters (sparse) to L95.

There are very few "150" Tour Masters of L93 to L100.

A handful of "150" Legends of L98 to L118.

One TL of L106, and no Champ or TC.

Is it really going all by these numbers?

• MarchieB
    1,529 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2021 4:19 AM

Alosso, if that chart posted above is true, I think it may represents the MINIMUM level you need to be at to achieve that tier. Similar to the Min RR’s required using the AVG system. You still however need to also meet whatever “skill” based requirement WGT uses to achieve the tier upgrade.

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2021 6:18 AM

I'm guessing that Sam's estimates may be too low. Alas, too little information to prove one or the other, I'm afraid.

We cannot include our experiences as we are well out of range, and there's hardly anybody telling about it.

• SamSpayed
    4,998 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2021 11:36 AM

Thanks, alosso.  I think the heading "Promoted Automatically At Level" was misleading.  I've changed it (and the numbers) based on your findings.  Would this be more accurate?  

I do think that WGT promotes players automatically based solely on their level (and not their skills) up to a point.  That's what they said they do anyway, in the post Robert referenced.

WGTChampion:

For the first few tiers we have specific levels that will push the player to the next tier. This way their aren't any level 90 Hack players or anything like that. 

_CHAMPION 

RSS