Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Good Bye & Good Luck to All

Sun, Jan 3 2021 10:34 AM (8 replies)
  • MGySgtUSMC
    3 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 2:04 PM

I have been playing WGT since January 2008 & since today is the last day for us old computer players to play, I wanted to say that I have enjoyed the game you developed, been frustrated, been thrilled & excited & all around, really had fun playing WGT every morning.  So for my last day I decided to play a round at St. Andrews (Even shot a 5 under Par), which was one of the 1st courses available & I played, way back then.

So after 13 years of playing, I earned $14.71, I reached level 109, was a Legend (Not really, hee hee), & had a stroke average of 73.63, which missed shooting the average Par, a little bummed out about that.

As I say good bye, I wish you all good luck in 2021 & in the future playing WGT!  I hope your drives are straight & your putts are true!  Sincerely, John (Alias MGySgtUSMC)

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 11:29 PM

The app on Windows PCs works!

• sammey1
    698 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 11:55 PM

MGySgtUSMC:

I have been playing WGT since January 2008 & since today is the last day for us old computer players to play, I wanted to say that I have enjoyed the game you developed, been frustrated, been thrilled & excited & all around, really had fun playing WGT every morning.  So for my last day I decided to play a round at St. Andrews (Even shot a 5 under Par), which was one of the 1st courses available & I played, way back then.

So after 13 years of playing, I earned $14.71, I reached level 109, was a Legend (Not really, hee hee), & had a stroke average of 73.63, which missed shooting the average Par, a little bummed out about that.

As I say good bye, I wish you all good luck in 2021 & in the future playing WGT!  I hope your drives are straight & your putts are true!  Sincerely, John (Alias MGySgtUSMC)

Play the new version. In no-time you'll forget about flash.

• Dave33200
    2,955 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 7:14 AM

agree with Sammy. I've been playing the PCEA for a few months now and at first I did not like it, but once I got used to all the different menus that's all I have been playing for the last 2 months now. 

Give it 30 days, I think you will like it.

• callaghan159
    6,310 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2020 2:57 AM

Tee to green is the same IMHO. Putting is the diff and I am learning that better than I thought I would. Cheers

Happy New Year

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2020 3:15 AM

MGySgtUSMC:

Nice way for you to finish, thanks for taking time to leave a message and all the best to you too.

I see from your wall you know about the new game.

• TheFredCouples
    22 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2021 3:58 PM

Bye, from all os on Linux.

• borntobesting
    9,679 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2021 9:41 AM

Dave33200:

agree with Sammy. I've been playing the PCEA for a few months now and at first I did not like it, but once I got used to all the different menus that's all I have been playing for the last 2 months now. 

Give it 30 days, I think you will like it.

30 days? It only took me about 4 or 5 to realize that PCEA is as good if not better than flash, 

• BogeyOne
    1,987 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2021 10:34 AM

TheFredCouples:

Bye, from all os on Linux.

You can play the game with Linux using Steam. Look in the Linux Software Manager for Steam and install it there. Many of us with Linux use it and it works flawlessly.

RSS