Forums

Help › Forums

Re: puzzled

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 16 2011 3:10 PM (8 replies)
  • muniprogolfer
    54 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 9:25 PM

Is it smart to sell my taylormade +37 irons and buy the ping +48 raptures? They look really nice and the slower meter is always a plus!!! I just dont know if I should or not and would like peoples opinions! Thanks

-muniprogolfer 

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 9:45 PM

I loved the Raptures when I was a Master. Never had the other set though.

• borntobesting
    9,681 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 10:44 PM

With the other clubs that you have having similar meter speeds as the Taylor made +37 irons it might actually hurt to go with the raptures because you would then have 2 or 3 different meter speeds to contend with. Also the distance and precision of the 2 sets is almost identical. As you progress in the game all the better clubs have faster meter speeds so it only makes sense to go with the faster speeds as soon as you can. One thing i noticed when i checked your clubs was that you are still using the starter putter. It might really help you game more if you upgraded your putter. The level 35 Ghost Spider and the level 44 Redwood are both good putters and would help your scores immensely. And remember more tourneys are won and lost because of putting more than any other factor.

• trumpy959
    99 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 10:49 PM

Lifes too short so if it were me I'd purchase the new equipment. Then when you've tested it out and decided what you wont be needing anymore sell back what your not using, you could try renting too.

• Pryke
    295 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2011 3:28 AM

If you've got the credits, why not rent them for the day. Make sure you've got time to play a few rounds and remember it takes time to get used to new clubs.

I used the Level 15 TM Burner 2.0's until I was Level 60 and a Master. Now using G10's and won't change again until the Level 79 Burners are available.

Cheers

P

• muniprogolfer
    54 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2011 7:40 AM

Thanks guys, I might go to some MP games and hopefully win some credits there and get me the irons! Then as soon as I get enough credits again I am going to wait and buy the lvl 55 rossa putter. Thanks again for the help!!!

-muniprogolfer

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2011 9:00 AM

muniprogolfer:

I might go to some MP games and hopefully win some credits there.

I will happily place you in Match Play Challenge. New Legend here, wanting more credits ;-)

• muniprogolfer
    54 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2011 12:20 PM

Im like 19-3 for playing MP for credits this month! I have only played 1 legend and beat him! Dont think it would be an easy win sir!!!! lol

-muniprogolfer

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2011 3:10 PM

muniprogolfer:

Im like 19-3 for playing MP for credits this month! I have only played 1 legend and beat him! Dont think it would be an easy win sir!!!! lol

-muniprogolfer

And what course would you like to play?

RSS