Re: made a small ajustement

Thu, Oct 20 2011 2:12 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 10:18 AM

hpurey:

YankeeJim:
    It's also a good way for TMs to get a look at what turning Legend brings.

Very true, I tried that method a few times before making Legend.  However, it does not prepare you for the mile-long par 3's you get to play as a Legend ;-)

But fun as he!!.

When the Legend tier was added last year, I spent the day after the update playing all 4 courses and charting the differences in yardage between the TM & Legend tees.

From that point, until I made the jump to Legend myself, I always played v. legends according to that chart ( and in-game observations).  A lot of holes are reasonably close, where I could just choke down the driver a little bit, in order to play the same approaches. Other holes, I would punch the driver or hit something smaller .. from 3w to as low as 5 iron ( on Kia #13). I got very.. VERY.. good at keeping my 2nd shots within a few yards of where the legends were forced to play.

This was a twofold benefit for me:

First, and most important to me, it kept my sense of fair play intact  by not taking advantage of the up to 102 yard difference in tee boxes ( in just for fun matches and especially in MPC's). 

Second- it gave me plenty of practice. When I made the jump to Legend, I had absolutely no "culture shock"... those 3 & 4 iron approaches were nothing new.

Correction.... I did play 1 match v. a legend where I teed off with driver where I normally did. I got stomped bad, bad, bad!!!  (But when Icon is firing on all cylinders like he normally did/does, you had better be doing the same.)

• Ecka65
    245 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 2:12 PM

Interesting in that anything less than Driver doesn't count on stats.  But then, I'd prefer to play the hole well than have a "stat".

As for Legend tier culture shock, I think the big shock is for those that have all the gear BEFORE they hit Legend.  In a way I was fortunate to hit Legend pre level 79 and Burner 2.0's.  Because once i got them the game then felt easier than Master and TM.  The 3i and 4i alone in the set are worth the price of admission.

• PAGES
RSS