Forums

Help › Forums

made a small ajustement

Thu, Oct 20 2011 2:12 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 7:34 AM

the other day i was playing a ALT game with 3 Legend ,i was the only TM ,(lucky and proud they invited me )  my partner asked me after the first hole to used my 3wood,to drive de fairway,after a couple holes i understood why,(tee Boxes)...yesterday a Legend friend invited me on a stroke play game ,for fun i decided to use my 3w,to drive only...i did pretty good he won by one stroke.......all this to say ,as a TM with the best equip available,i realised ,that i dont have to hit driver all the time on par 4 and 5 ,the 3wood got me on most fairways ,close to using short irons ,and wedge,and mid irons ,,i notice on most holes,the yardage the 3w,gave me was at time ,  giving me better angle to the green,  i know this will change wen i make Legend, so i will take advantage,of my small discoverie ,to better my game ,....in the hope this may help some of us .Have a good golf day all :)

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 7:58 AM

Absolutely Frapp...but,  there is a bit of bad news involved with this style. Any club other than driver used from the tee-box is considered a missed fairway. Really wish WGT would seriously consider fixing this issue. I'm sorry , but every style is NOT  grip and rip. Some players actually play "TO" a yardage. Yet , penalized for course management. Simply just isn't right.

Ace

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 8:28 AM

This should be addressed immediately by WGT. The course here in Atlanta that I play the most, has 3 very touchy par 4's. If I use my dirver and have the slightest miss, I am in a mess or most cases out of bounds. I use my 3 wd on these holes 75% of the time. If the winds are gusting I'll use a 5 iron to leave a 150 to the green. When my drive (regardless of which club I use) is in the middle of the fairway. I certainly don't consider this a missed fairway. I would think this is a very easy fix on WGT's part. What about it Mr. Icon?

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 8:29 AM

I just tried it to see......   Loaded game, 1st tee hit with 3wd.  (just have to take my word on that I guess ;-)  )  

Looked at scorecard and showed fw hit.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 8:30 AM

The reason for that suggestion on the 3W in that AS game was because we were at Kia and the imbalance there is pretty good on some holes. Franҫois made that difference disappear by using the 3W and it was quite an even match from there. It's also a good way for TMs to get a look at what turning Legend brings. Unfortunately this skews the stats like Ace pointed out but at least it isn't a factor (no pun intended Ace ) in AS play.

@HP-Check the driving %.

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 8:36 AM

At Tour Pro, I didn't spent a single credit. I used my 3wood, as I couldn't afford a decent driver. During this time, my fairways hit % (during a multi-player round, click on a player's name and you will see that stat along with a few others) dropped to 20%. Since then, it has recovered quite a lot but you get the point. It will show a tick on your scorecard, but not count in your stats.

• PRIESTESS
    10,716 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 8:49 AM

TheAceFactor:

Absolutely Frapp...but,  there is a bit of bad news involved with this style. Any club other than driver used from the tee-box is considered a missed fairway. Really wish WGT would seriously consider fixing this issue. I'm sorry , but every style is NOT  grip and rip. Some players actually play "TO" a yardage. Yet , penalized for course management. Simply just isn't right.

Ace

Agree 100 percent,Nice post,

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 8:52 AM

TheAceFactor:

Ace

ty i did not know that

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 8:58 AM

and ty vm all for adding to this post

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 9:00 AM

YankeeJim:
    It's also a good way for TMs to get a look at what turning Legend brings.

Very true, I tried that method a few times before making Legend.  However, it does not prepare you for the mile-long par 3's you get to play as a Legend ;-)

But fun as he!!.

YankeeJim:
    @HP-Check the driving %

Was unaware that this was so.   Guess I "assumed" that a fw hit was a fw hit.

No matter though, stats aren't that important to me anyhow.

Hp

• PAGES
RSS