Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Mentoring

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 21 2011 11:49 AM (8 replies)
  • russellie
    668 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2011 2:22 AM

This is just to say there are some good people about, in my case Gooch134 who has taken to mentoring me over the past few months, his help and advice has been invaluable. Perhaps thare are a few more nice guys out there who could perhaps do the same.   There is a lot to learn and I am sure a few Mentors could help immensly.

Regards

Russell

• robdelahunty
    670 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2011 3:14 AM

Don't know about "mentoring" but my greatest thanks go to:

YankeeJim is my hero,sorry Jim if you now end up with a load of Friend invites.

StrangeMagic  just praying the winter brings your return.........Karma Man!

Respect and Kindest Regards to you both.

• superchuck
    210 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2011 4:58 AM

Yankee Jim has unwittingly helped my game in the highest of orders. My hat goes off to him. He has been kind to posters and offers a cut-to-the chase insight. He would do well as a teacher.  He is a gentleman. We should all refer to him as Professor Yankee Jim. 

Thanks again Professor, and thank you poster for bringing up this thread.

(Go Rangers)

• Kriztjan
    1,437 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2011 6:48 AM

I have to give my shoutout to PGABound67 and Speedychic

• Pryke
    295 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2011 7:13 AM

Mine goes out to Russellfahey and the lady who talked me through chip, pitch and flop shots when I was an amateur. Real shame I can't remember her name and have never played with her again.

Also, to everyone who posts tips on here...thanks very much.

Cheers

P

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2011 8:03 AM

AvatarLee, Nivlac and BolluxinBruges got my attention a long time ago. They drop great tips in posts that often change the way you think and open new doors. Forum discussions are invaluable.

It's all about paying it forward and sharing what you learn.  :-)

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2011 9:35 AM

Pryke:

Mine goes out to Russellfahey and the lady who talked me through chip, pitch and flop shots when I was an amateur. Real shame I can't remember her name and have never played with her again.

Also, to everyone who posts tips on here...thanks very much.

Cheers

P

Thanks for that pryke much appreciated although as the old addage goes the student should become better than the master,which is true in our case lol whats the score now? 10-4 to you i think in matchplay admittedly my putting has let you in on one than 1 occaision lol.

My shoutout goes to bigdogsppe who has tried to help me through the transition of the burner2.0's from my tour prefered irons as regards how much bs to use how the yardage would work out and 'm finally getting use to em after 4 days so ppl watch out when i can finally make putts more consistently lol.I seem to be leaving em 4-10" short or not reading the break right.

So if there's anyone out there who can give me some invaluble advice on reading breaks more consistently would be much appreciated as my touch or putting distance is pretty much right on at the mo.I'm regulary holing 8-20ft putts but it's the under 6ft which is frustrating me as i'm either under hitting or over hitting due to the breaks.

RUSSELL

• broahes
    191 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2011 9:40 AM

JarHead8286 is a great friend that has given me some great advice throughout my time of playing with him.

As YJ said, there are some great discussions in the forums with great information as well.. too many posters that have helped me to even begin to name all of them here, but I suspect everyone knows who they are.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2011 11:49 AM

YJ is the man, pitches and punches work great

thanks for the advice

still gonna kick your butt one day play often, I even last 9 (sometimes) holes against him now

-G

RSS