Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Some real food for thought

Mon, Nov 7 2011 6:14 PM (8 replies)
  • IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2011 1:37 PM

I think we all sometimes forget how lucky we all are. Regardless of your place in life, if you are reading this, you have the free time and right to play a virtual game in a virtual world. Now that we have officially crossed the 7 billion person mark in world population, I hope that one day all 7 billion are afforded the same basic choices as you and I.

Not a usual type of post from me. I think, though, it is something everyone should try out. I'm sad to say my number is quite high, and hopefully I can make some changes and lower it. It really got me thinking.

http://www.slaveryfootprint.org/

• BenRC
    381 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2011 2:41 PM

A very good post Iva...

I do try and keep a perspective on this virtual site...It is not lost on me how very fortunate some of us are, to be able to play this game here....

Sadly...a lot of the hate and prejudice of the real world creeps in here at times....

I am not cynical at all...I have met some people here , who are a pleasure to know

But the sad truth is...we fight wars for many reasons and do it with such ease...and we can discuss endlessly the merits of these wars...and I agree with some......But....

What saddens me, is the mass genocide and starvation that occurs in Africa...we can so easily begin wars...why not stop this inhumanity towards our fellow man and end these atrocities.....now...and until this happens...basic choices for everyone, will be hard to come by....maybe in our lifetime Iva

I also have the hope, like you,that all 7 billion of us brothers and sisters can laugh at the absurdities of the past someday and unite as one , and simply enjoy each others company in everything and also in a virtual game of golf

A silly notion I know to some...but its something I hang onto.....

Cheers to All !!

Ben

• cobrag10
    1,398 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2011 3:25 PM

If everyone felt as you do Ben and Iva, this world would be a much better place. 

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Mon, Nov 7 2011 9:17 AM

Ben: So well put!

• luckysump
    638 Posts
    Mon, Nov 7 2011 1:25 PM

cobrag10:

If everyone felt as you do Ben and Iva, this world would be a much better place. 

I'm feeling a bit Sick now.

• Anise
    28 Posts
    Mon, Nov 7 2011 2:59 PM

wow i have 35 slaves... never really think of how privileged I am. We should all be thnxx ful of wat we have ... I no i myself am guilty of sometimes complaining of things i dont have or things i want but yeah... be grateful i guess is the bottom line XP great topic 

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Mon, Nov 7 2011 6:09 PM

esssy:

why are you talking about slavery for from your post this is way in the past and no one wants to talk about that topic thank you

remove this post ICON

I'm not talking about slavery. If you bothered to look at what I posted, you'd see that..

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Mon, Nov 7 2011 6:14 PM

Anise:

wow i have 35 slaves... never really think of how privileged I am. We should all be thnxx ful of wat we have ... I no i myself am guilty of sometimes complaining of things i dont have or things i want but yeah... be grateful i guess is the bottom line XP great topic 

Thank you Anise (great name)

I'm the same way. I sometimes complain and feel sorry for myself over something I "want" but forget that I am so lucky to have everything I "need". Websites like that sure help make you remember. Like I said, if we are reading this, we are fortunate enough to have everything we need...and still have time to play on here. I don't know, just something that kinda opened my eyes, so i shared it.

RSS