...it does now.  : )

How did the next shot turn out?

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,638 Posts
    Thu, Feb 17 2022 10:26 AM

ScottHope:

Yeah, I'm curious, too.

And what if this happened in RL? Do you take a free drop (without penalty) on a spot closest to the ball but no closer to the hole?

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Thu, Feb 17 2022 10:34 AM

On the fifth hole, I saw my ball go right through it. (It was a drive, and I saw the bounce and roll.) 

I would guess the same thing would happen there as well. 

• BPeterson8256
    2,910 Posts
    Thu, Feb 17 2022 10:51 AM

Been there, done that, got the tee shirt 😂🤣

ScottHope:

Club head hit and broke off, ricocheting towards my golf cart, but thankfully just missed spilling my beer. 🍺

I actually don't remember how the next shot turned out, but it's a safe bet that it was 60' long. 😂🤣 The obstacle is not programmed into the game

• ScottHope
    10,339 Posts
    Thu, Feb 17 2022 1:16 PM

BPeterson8256:
    Club head hit and broke off, ricocheting towards my golf cart, but thankfully just missed spilling my beer. 🍺

Thank goodness for that!

• alosso
    21,054 Posts
    Thu, Feb 17 2022 2:57 PM

SimonTheBeetle:
    And what if this happened in RL? Do you take a free drop (without penalty) on a spot closest to the ball but no closer to the hole?
    It's a man-made immovable obstruction, so you're right.

BTW, carts are available on the Old Course only to disabled people, on other courses also from 65 years up.

https://www.standrews.com/play/caddies-hire-clubs/buggies

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,638 Posts
    Thu, Feb 17 2022 4:24 PM

alosso:

SimonTheBeetle:
    It's a man-made immovable obstruction, so you're right.

BTW, carts are available on the Old Course only to disabled people, on other courses also from 65 years up.

https://www.standrews.com/play/caddies-hire-clubs/buggies

👍👍 Thanks, alosso.

• craigswan
    31,541 Posts
    Thu, Feb 17 2022 7:30 PM
    The story behind those stone markers in the middle of the fairways There are a number of stone markers sitting in the middle of a few fairways – namely the 4th, 5th and 7th holes. They were in fact the boundary (or march) markers that defined the edges of the land that was purchased in 1821. The markers have a ‘G’ on the golf course side which was much narrower at the time. Old Tom Morris widened the golf course considerably meaning those markers now lie in the middle of the fairway.
  • Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Thu, Feb 17 2022 7:45 PM

• PAGES
RSS