Forums

Help › Forums

Proud of a +5 scorecard

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 8 2011 3:18 PM (0 replies)
  • WildManEnkidu
    3 Posts
    Tue, Nov 8 2011 3:18 PM

"Why are you proud of that scorecard" do you ask?  Well, I'll tell you why ... because I'm a lowly Pro with a not-so-low average who accidentally played a practice round at Bethpage Black from the WRONG tees with moderate wind and fast greens who squeaked out a +5 scorecard.  That's why!  Furthermore I had three tap-ins for par from 1/2 foot away so I might possibly have approached par if I'd put a little more into those putts.

Ha ha, seriously though it was a bit disconcerting until I realized my mistake a few holes into the front nine.  I kept thinking, "Why am I not able to drive to that same spot I drove to last time?" or "Why can I barely clear that sand trap from the tee?", and so on.  Hitting a great tee shot (for me) on a par-4 hole and still facing a long 3 wood shot to get within 20 yards of the green, or on another hole landing a beautiful 3 wood shot from about 210 yards out and having it stop flag stick high and 12 feet to the side, and other shots I haven't had to face from my normal tees made this a very interesting round of golf, I must say.

Nevermind me, I'll stop rambling now, and at any rate this is my first post on the WGT forums so, "Hello!".

RSS