rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 9 2011 1:06 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Nov 9 2011 12:36 PM

andyson:

WGTicon:
    if A/S didn't work for supported browsers when we tested it, then we would have made sure it worked before we released it. No point supporting a browser if the game doesn't work on it, is there?:).

Exactly my point,

WGTicon:
    right now, #1 priority is to find out what the issue actually is and with what browser, so if you have to try IE, firefox, chrome and few others that are available, please do so.

If they all work why have people switch browsers when the problem is in the browser they are using?  Find out what browser they are using and fix that problem.  Once they find a browser that works for them in AS you won't hear from them again.

The issue occurs 2 folds: 1, flash crashes/gets corrupted. 2 temp files get in the way, hence clearing both, works most of the time.

so, that's why when they switch to different browser=  new flash, clean temp files, it will work.

this is also why I always ask to try all 3 main browsers because 95% of the time next browser will work, once it has been 'cleaned'.

many other times, folks still report errors and that's because they actually don't do what we ask them to do and just figure reboot will fix the issue... not sure what/who told them this but reboot will not fix the issue unless they have it configured to clear all cookies/temp files for all browsers when they reboot (then they are doing same thing, just automatically)

-wgticon

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Nov 9 2011 1:06 PM

Rzbk:
    Every time any player caused a time issue the game would lock.

Rzbk, this might be a clue as to what causes Flash to crash.  What exactly is the "time issue" you refer to?

Does a player's shot clock expire? and they get the warning?

Or is the time issue one of the player's is very slow to load?

• PAGES
RSS