Help › Forums

Why do I bother

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 9 2011 1:06 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Rzbk
    376 Posts
    Tue, Nov 8 2011 5:47 PM

Yes, I,know you are holding my posts. Guess I'm hitting a bit close to the truth, huh?

Be that as it may,

I also know 100% that I'm wasting my time writing since NOTHING has EVER been corrected that I write about. NOTHING!!!!!!

Example:

Yesterday I played started 16 games of Alt.Shot. I finished ONE. The rest locked up and either required a restart or showed a forfeit.

Every time any player caused a time issue the game would lock. You could talk to other players but all else froze up. Nothing to do but restart. About 30% of the time after restart the game again froze after you clicked on "continue".

At this time the "ERROR" shutdown" appeared and that was it. Game over. 

Today.

I have not finished a game of Alt. because of the same exact problems as mentioned above. Each and EVERY game locked up and then shut down.

So, let's try a different game. Started a game of 'stroke' with 3 others. Made it through the first hole. Starting on the second. Boom...shut down. Pop-up says "ERROR" I've sent many pictures to Wgt showing these pages.

I have not been able to finish a game today. But then I have only started 6, not 16 like yesterday, so who knows.

NOTHING CHANGES. 

I finally get so fed up with this seemingly total lack of concern that I VENT. After venting I take the ridicule from the same tiresome closely knit group that always spew the pro company line.

What gets done after all this? Well, you stop my posting. But NOTHING else gets done.

Yes, I know that I sometimes react and shoot off my mouth but not until I'm enraged with the absolute lack of professional reaction. ZERO...FEEDBACK...WGT.

I feel I have a valid reason to ask about the number of  "ball hits" I lose after the game shuts down. If I am charged with X number of hits at a given time during the game and the games totally shuts down I lose all those hits. They count against the total number of hits allowed before my ball is worn out and discarded. I receive nothing for the loss of those subtracted hits. 

I buy my clubs, balls etc. and do not complain. Yes, you must make a profit. I listen to those commercials and sometimes complain, but only after doing my part and listening to them so you can make more profit, and then when the game finally starts and after playing enough to be charged for 30-40 ball hits ....boom...shuts down.  

My ball is once again shortened of remaining hits with absolutely no return for those hits.  

I call this VALUE for my INVESTMENT. In this case the score is wgt--100.  Me-- O.

After losing 2 balls in a single day with a grand sum of ONE game completed, then yes, I vented.

I sincerely hope  that the management will finally realize that all's not right here and do something about it. 

rzbk

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Nov 8 2011 10:27 PM

Hi

As I have replied to you privately, none of these issues are actually happening to most people and never at such consistency, which leads me to believe it is something on your end.

please read part #2 of this post and carefully follow directions and clear each browser at a time and then try play  in each browser and if error persists move to the next browser.

right now, #1 priority is to find out what the issue actually is and with what browser, so if you have to try IE, firefox, chrome and few others that are available, please do so.

once you find the browser that work for you, that means others are likely having the issue.

-wgticon

• Rzbk
    376 Posts
    Wed, Nov 9 2011 2:04 AM

Icon,

I'll reply to you personally. 

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Nov 9 2011 5:09 AM

Question for WGT, do your devs and Quality Assurance testers find that AS works with all browsers?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Nov 9 2011 8:06 AM

andyson:

Question for WGT, do your devs and Quality Assurance testers find that AS works with all browsers?

we do test it in all browsers that we support.

-wgticon

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Wed, Nov 9 2011 8:10 AM

Here is a general tip that I've found to help.

When all players have rejoined, wait about 10-15 seconds before hitting tee off again. I have had errors on my end after players rejoin and I immediatly click "tee off". I haven't had any problems after waiting a few seconds. It's like you need to give it sec to completely load back in.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Nov 9 2011 8:40 AM

WGTicon:

andyson:

-wgticon

Yes, I assumed you tested it in all supported browsers, my question was do your devs and QA find  AS works with all supported browsers?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Nov 9 2011 9:51 AM

andyson:

WGTicon:

andyson:

-wgticon

Yes, I assumed you tested it in all supported browsers, my question was do your devs and QA find  AS works with all supported browsers?

if A/S didn't work for supported browsers when we tested it, then we would have made sure it worked before we released it. No point supporting a browser if the game doesn't work on it, is there?:)

-wgticon

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Nov 9 2011 10:03 AM

WGTicon:
    if A/S didn't work for supported browsers when we tested it, then we would have made sure it worked before we released it. No point supporting a browser if the game doesn't work on it, is there?:).

Exactly my point,

WGTicon:
    right now, #1 priority is to find out what the issue actually is and with what browser, so if you have to try IE, firefox, chrome and few others that are available, please do so.

If they all work why have people switch browsers when the problem is in the browser they are using?  Find out what browser they are using and fix that problem.  Once they find a browser that works for them in AS you won't hear from them again.

• snowieman
    87 Posts
    Wed, Nov 9 2011 12:18 PM

absolute tosh icon.

verisimilitude

it is at your end and has been most vociferously reported many many times

• PAGES
RSS