Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Last update

Tue, Nov 15 2022 3:00 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • WGTNico
    635 Posts
    Mon, Nov 14 2022 11:32 AM

the accepting friends on mobile is something we are aware of, however with downtime being tonight it isn't something that we've been able to correct in time. It's taking a bit longer to fix because it isn't happening every game to every person on mobile so there's a bit more investigating to be done before it no longer has issues. Hopefully will be fixed in the December update.

• bossbird
    2,223 Posts
    Mon, Nov 14 2022 1:28 PM

pdb1:

bossbird:

I don’t know if my problem has been experienced by anyone else . I receive invites to play from friends , and I accept , it matches us up , I get to the tee , say something like hi nice to see you , play my shot , and the wheel spins , time runs out and it says they have forfeited . It doesn’t happen every time , when i do eventually get to play someone , they say the same has happened to them , with me not hitting a ball but saying I forfeited . , 

can Nico or anyone explain what’s going on please 

I can tell you that it is common in Stroke Play . Especially Coins . But all modes . I have had many . It is something about the game not detecting your presence at some point ( is what I have observed ) . Once it does that . There are dozens of combinations that can cause a myriad of errors .  There may be a:

error . Or a

or maybe not .  You could see

gotta love this next one.

you might see this one .

or this crazy one

And you never left . Just sitting there watching the game go all catawampus . If you didn't return in time , you wouldn't be seeing that screen . Lol . There are many more . Like this one

Lol again , if you forfeited . You wouldn't be there to see that .Others are just laughable .

And there are more .

Early on Member Services was much more open to a dialogue about these forced and false errors .

They told me that the errors above are not even supposed to happen . The game is supposed to be set to where those things don't even happen .

Of course they are working on it .

And the notifications for the errors that weren't supposed to happen . Were built in just in case . Lol .

So yes they are aware of them . Try to imagine the number of emails they have received about each of these errors . Just over the last 2 years .

The problem i am experiencing on iPad is a new issue . You don’t get any of the messages you highlight. I chat to my friend and he/she is just not there . No messages nothing. Doesn’t happen every time. Only started happening in the last 3 weeks or so . It seems Nico is aware of the intermittent fault.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Nov 14 2022 1:41 PM

bossbird:
    Only started happening in the last 3 weeks or so . It seems Nico is aware of the intermittent fault.

One thing you can absolutely trust, when wgt say things won't be fixed in an update.  I shouldn't think the many bugs that don't make the Discord "bug log" will be fixed.  On the same basis my favourites to be fixed would be:  

[Mobile] Chat: chat box in mobile requires player to remove "type message here..." on first message of game

-Tournaments are recommending brackets in the Ready-Go section. Making it difficult to make any selections.

• bossbird
    2,223 Posts
    Tue, Nov 15 2022 12:47 AM

pdb1:

bossbird:

I don’t know if my problem has been experienced by anyone else . I receive invites to play from friends , and I accept , it matches us up , I get to the tee , say something like hi nice to see you , play my shot , and the wheel spins , time runs out and it says they have forfeited . It doesn’t happen every time , when i do eventually get to play someone , they say the same has happened to them , with me not hitting a ball but saying I forfeited . , 

can Nico or anyone explain what’s going on please 

bossbird:
    The problem i am experiencing on iPad is a new issue . You don’t get any of the messages you highlight. I chat to my friend and he/she is just not there . No messages nothing. Doesn’t happen every time. Only started happening in the last 3 weeks or so . It seems Nico is aware of the intermittent fault.

2 different issues .

No , not two different issues . I am chatting to a ghost , a person where it says they have accepted the friend invite and their name comes up . I am on the tee chatting , play my shot , then there is no one else playing . 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Nov 15 2022 2:38 AM

Bad name for a thread, especially now.

• Badputter01
    365 Posts
    Tue, Nov 15 2022 3:00 AM

(don’t know if my problem has been experienced by anyone else . I receive invites to play from friends , and I accept , it matches us up , I get to the tee , say something like hi nice to see you , play my shot , and the wheel spins , time runs out and it says they have forfeited . It doesn’t happen every time , when i do eventually get to play someone , they say the same has happened to them , with me not hitting a ball but saying I forfeited . , 

can Nico or anyone explain what’s going on please )

There’s also occasionally the situation where making a comment in the chat box seems to stall the game one is about to play and leads to such a long delay, the game forfeits. I’ve also found when one’s friend hits rematch and a comment message is sent straight after, that also appears to ‘time out’ the rematch. Thus resulting in having to leave the game and reboot, to get back to the status quo. 

• PAGES
RSS