• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Sat, Nov 19 2011 3:49 AM

Anyone? I have a few.

Lizzie xx

• MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Sat, Nov 19 2011 4:13 AM

Well, I did hear of one, Worcester Sauce.  And as it happens, I do have a cough, so I'm going to rush out to the local supermarket (that's the equivalent of a store for our friends over the pond) some time in the next 6-8 hours and buy some.

Just a note, I've tried 4 different cough medicines already in the last week or so and none of them work.  So much for chemists and their expertise!

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sat, Nov 19 2011 4:17 AM

LizzieRossetti:
    Anyone? I have a few.

The best one I have found is to stick 2 fingers down your throat for about one hour, and then rinse profusely . After that play alternate, and wait for it too load.

Hi Lizzie, long time no see

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Sat, Nov 19 2011 4:34 AM

Well X, one of mine involves a soothing ice cold application similar to the finger routine, but sometimes flavoured strawberry, and also I believe you can get them ribbed too, but I think I would prefer smooth and sexy.

We need to play again soon, my starters are getting rusty ! Plus I do believe playing with you I learned important things worth more than most, and I felt serene and happy.

Lizzie xx

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sat, Nov 19 2011 4:46 AM

Suck on something sweet (no rude comments guys....stay with me)

Like a barley sugar....or honey.

Failing that suffocation usually works a treat.

TBE

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Sat, Nov 19 2011 8:07 AM

I heard about that suffocation thing, apparently quite a buzz. In the ears most likely.

Lizzie xx

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sat, Nov 19 2011 9:49 AM

I will have to try the Worcestershire next time i have a cough......

Dealing with the sore throat issue currently.

One thing I have heard ( and tried) was to chew on a piece of ginger root.   Don't swallow the root itself but the juice in it.    Will burn quite a bit but I guess the burn from it causing more blood flow to the throat area helping the cough.   I seem to remember it helping me last winter during a cough spell.

Search  ginger root for cough and there will be plenty of results.

Hp 

• 3puttsSuk
    361 Posts
    Sat, Nov 19 2011 2:05 PM

MioKontic:

Well, I did hear of one, Worcester Sauce.  And as it happens, I do have a cough, so I'm going to rush out to the local supermarket (that's the equivalent of a store for our friends over the pond) some time in the next 6-8 hours and buy some.

Just a note, I've tried 4 different cough medicines already in the last week or so and none of them work.  So much for chemists and their expertise!

supemarkets are everywhere

the only pond jumping would be the chemist / pharmacy difference

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sun, Nov 20 2011 2:51 AM

LizzieRossetti:
    I learned important things worth more than most, and I felt serene and happy.

lol, do not believe the 7 dwarfs would agree with you, and be careful, easy to make enemies when you awake them.

my starters are getting rusty, also. love the alternate game, but getting tired of waiting for the load, and then getting disconnected, and then seeing you lost the game even though you were two up at the time. I love the loss when you are up 2 or 3, then one from the other team disconnects, go back to the room and your partner disconnects, and then you lose. My male ego will not stand for that, LOL

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Sun, Nov 20 2011 5:34 AM

I don't have to make any enemies, the people who would be so, do that just fine all by themselves.

Lizzie xx

RSS