Forums

Help › Forums

Country Club Tournament

Mon, Nov 21 2011 3:37 PM (0 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Nov 21 2011 3:37 PM

I have been playing a tournament set up by my CC. I have purposely played this over and over just to prove a point to myself. The winds are set high, and the greens were set at standard speed. I have played 13 straight 9 hole rounds, and the greens and winds have acted totally different on each round. How can this be? Did the member who set up the tourney decide how it would be, or did WGT. I am not complaining, so don't go there. I am simply asking a question. If a 3 ft putt, no movement, no up or down elevation, hit 4 ft goes dead in, then why the next time you have the exact putt, hit it the same way and it goes 2.8 ft and stops short? A 31 mph wind, dead right to left, will take the ball into the next country on one drive,  and the next time it has no influence at all on the ball flight. This is what makes me doubt the consistent low rounds by some players. There is no way to plan your shot every time. Any, and all non wise a$$ explanations will be greatly appreciated. I'm sure the other members of my CC who have played this have noticed the same thing. I'm not upset or frustrated, just quite confused with the happenings.

RSS