Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Am I The First?

Wed, Nov 23 2011 3:05 PM (9 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2011 1:12 PM

If so, then here we go. I would like to wish each and every member of WGT, as well as the entire WGT staff, a very safe and happy holiday season. Regardless of where you are from, or what your beliefs are, this is a time of year to reflect and give thanks for many things. My number one, is the fact that I am almost 60 yrs old and still have both of my parents. That is a blessing, no matter what you believe in. To have a happy family, grown children, grand children, to still be working and not having bill collectors calling you. Every day is a challenge, accept it, do your best. Anything less than 100% on your part, is no ones fault but your own. This little game has given me fits and frustrations. The most important part of this game is as follows. I won't mention names for fear of getting in a pickle. Look at my friends list, I would have never had the pleasure of meeting these individuals, if it wasn't for this crazy, addicting, expensive game. I am thankful for many things in my life, proud of some of  my accomplishments and not so proud of others. Barring a miracle, I will not leave this earth a wealthy man, but I am a firm believer, that it isn't what I take with me, but what I have left behind. I have a wonderful family, that I love and am proud of. If that is the best I have done, then so be it. May everyone enjoy this time and, please, take a moment, give a smile, a handshake, a pat on the back, or a big hug and kiss. I still hug my dad every time I see him, and old WWII Marine Gunnies don't usually take to kindly to another man hugging them. He does when it's me. Great Holidays everyone, may you be safe.

Renniw52

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2011 3:48 PM

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww so sweet

Same to you buddy

G

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2011 7:55 PM

same to you ,well said its touching me ....i wish you well :)

• Lashe
    824 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2011 9:37 AM

Wishing you the very best of Holidays as well, renni!  Sounds like you are pretty rich in the most important things in life - family.  :-)  Be well.

Lashe

• JeffGooch
    263 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2011 9:46 AM

Lashe:
    Sounds like you are pretty rich in the most important things in life - family.

Amen.  My best to all.

• luckysump
    638 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2011 1:42 PM

Ohhhhh God i feel ill......

Lucky

• twichipper
    424 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2011 1:48 PM

Eenn, that is one of the best posts I have seen on here if not the tops. very well said, and I am in the same age as well, w/ mom still alive, so I fully understand. Now that is putting the things of life in the right perspective.....    :<))

• jimmassie
    53 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2011 3:05 PM

Well said brother, here's wishing you and all my WGT friends a Happy Holiday Season,

thewoodbutcher ---

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2011 7:54 PM

Well said Ren....   Remember to be thankful for the things we don't see.  

Hp

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2011 9:04 PM

One of the nicest posts I've seen. Hope your holidays are wonderful too bud.

RSS