Forums

Help › Forums

Re: new kid on the block

rated by 0 users
Thu, Dec 1 2011 5:23 PM (7 replies)
  • frankie77
    5 Posts
    Wed, Nov 30 2011 11:16 PM

just started out on this ,Not having a clue what to do  ,tho already someone was kind enough to offer me a game

.For the moment would like to keep practicing and get the hang of it (Not Easy !!) and i play the game for real ,As with anything to do with computers my brain freezes and have trouble finding my way around ..Things like credits ,cc and so forth i have no idea what they mean or do

,Can i watch a game between 2 players ?? to learn things .Lots of little things like that

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2011 2:47 AM

Hello Frankie77...the best advice I can give you is to be aware that this place can be habit forming and to study the Getting Started and FAQs information over there----->

frankie77:
    ,Can i watch a game between 2 players ?? to learn things .Lots of little things like that

You can't normally watch others play, but there are practice games for each stroke play course.  To advance in tiers, you'll need to play some rated stroke play rounds as that is the way to improve your scoring average...a key factor in tier advancement. 

I'd be happy to play some rounds with you...one advantage of that is we can chat.  To make a friend request, go to that players Profile page then click on the ADD AS FRIEND button near the top of the page.  By doing that, you can easily see when they are available for a game and you can send messages to them as well.

If all this seems a bit overwhelming, just keep asking questions in this forum and I'm sure someone will steer you in the right direction.

Joey    

• AlanR60
    310 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2011 2:56 AM

Best thing to do frankie is to either watch the tutorials  or just play practice games till u feel ok. When ur setting up a game for urself, just say u want to try St Andrews  front 9, click on the course, top right it'll give options for ranked or practice,  scroll arrow to practice, look down to tees, scroll arrow to red (easy), and off u go. U can play on ur own until ur happy enuf for a game with another player...... or u can just play with others and enjoy the games.  U wont be judged on how badly u think u are.... we all had to start somewhere   : ).   Play the game,  dont worry     u WILL get better    quicker than u might think.   All the best frankie    ENJOY!!!!!

• frankie77
    5 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2011 6:07 AM

thanks mate ,will do as you suggest and just keep trying 

Hitting the ball off the tee or fairway is a doddle,chipping out of   the rough or trying to putt  is like my game in real time  :) crap .but will keep reading and hopefully get to play a few games ,

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2011 4:34 PM

frankie77:

Can i watch a game between 2 players ?? to learn things .Lots of little things like that

Search WGT for recent posts from SunCity.

SunCity (among others) has been "streaming" multiplayer videos, and has a channel where you can go, to watch live and "taped" games between some of the better players here at WGT.

Very informative.

GL

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2011 5:17 PM

esssy:

TO WGT HAVE A GOOD TIME FRANKIE        

whats up with the red x box's

oh and welcome aboard MR.Frank

• wldthng016400
    250 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2011 5:23 PM

If you compare the top of the line equipment being used in those videos to the starter equipment, it's like someone with top of the line real clubs and the someone else with a plastic set and a pebble. No shot at ever having near the results.

RSS