Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Respect amongst all players

Thu, Sep 19 2024 5:26 PM (34 replies)
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,634 Posts
    Sun, Sep 15 2024 6:26 PM

Squatch031:
    People are pure evil so there is no need to talk to them.

Some people tend to act rude or talk trash when they’re anonymous like here on the forums or in coin rooms. The funny thing is I hardly ever see anyone daring to act that way in front of me IRL.

⇩⇩ LOL 😉 ⇩⇩

• HamdenPro
    2,464 Posts
    Mon, Sep 16 2024 5:59 PM

SimonTheBeetle:
    The funny thing is I hardly ever see anyone daring to act that way in front of me IRL.

Oh yeah? Send me a plane ticket... :)

• borntobesting
    9,679 Posts
    Tue, Sep 17 2024 10:50 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    The funny thing is I hardly ever see anyone daring to act that way in front of me IRL.

Oh they do. They just wait until your back is turned.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,634 Posts
    Wed, Sep 18 2024 12:33 PM

borntobesting:
    Oh they do. They just wait until your back is turned.

Aha! So there's a reason why God didn't put eyes on the back of our heads!

• Duphpherer
    457 Posts
    Thu, Sep 19 2024 5:26 PM

SamSpayed:

I got that myself during the current Showdown.  I just politely informed my opponent that I was not in Casablanca by choice - I was only there because of the Showdown.  We had a pleasant conversation after that.

When I run into rude and insulting players, I just imagine that they are having a bad day and I try to be nice to them.  Sometimes they react positively to that, other times not.  If they continue with the negativity, I just finish the game without chatting.  It does seem to happen more in the lower coin rooms, which I don't play anymore.  Now I just stick to Rio and Shanghai.  Lots of good, friendly players there.

I've repeatedly asked Nico to move the veteran showdown to Montreal so we run into fewer less skilled players and look like bullies. There would be a lot less forfeits and players taking their 9 shot max every hole. We could concentrate on the game without feeling like we're going to waste our 100cr because some sore loser glitches the game. 

Montreal had been my favorite room for a long time. Had an issue there just moments ago with sore loser who stood over a 1 foot putt for 89 seconds and then left the game hanging without forfeiting properly. All that poor sportsmanship is ego driven by someones insecurties. Almost feel sorry for them.

We never know if we're playing someone that's 8 yrs old or 80 yrs old. I usually say "hi and gl" before each match. If I don't see a reply, that's fine, I mute chat.   

RSS