Forums

Help › Forums

Re: When how/does your TIER Change

Tue, Sep 6 2011 5:17 PM (7 replies)
  • 1unpar
    1 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2009 7:27 AM
    I'm new to the WGT site again but previously played around with it a year or so ago. I'm using the same username as before and my Tier is "Hack". I tried going in and upgrading my clubs so that I could maximize my driving distance and iron play. However it tells me that because of my tier that I cannot purchase these clubs. So what do I need to do to change the TIER rating??? Thanks, Randy
  • GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2009 7:54 AM

Hello Unpar and welcome back.The site has improved a lot since your last visit.The way to improve you ranking (tier) is to play "Ranked Rounds" and complete them.I You will notice your average will reduce after each of your rounds,providing you shoot better than the prior round.The amateur tier is easealiy  obtainable but I'm not quite sure what the number is.I'm pretty sure the Pro tier is around 75 to 77 as no one is quite sure exactly where the threshold is.The master tier for me was below 66 or there about.I hope this is helpful to you Randy and enjoy the added features of the site.

Merry Christmas,

Larry

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2009 8:27 AM

Only some clubs (a minority) have those restrictions. There are many clubsets available for all tiers, including Hacks.

• Grumbleguts
    3 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2009 11:18 PM

I have yet to see a club available to amatture that isn't available to hacks.  Is there a reason for this, or is it because hacks are only hacks for such a short time?

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2009 11:32 PM

Hi unpar,

My tip would be to not be in any rush to storm through the tiers !! Learn the game and enjoy the experience, you will progress through the tiers at your own pace - dont push it.

I don't think I upgraded my clubs until I got into the Pro tier. 

You will need to understand how your clubs work, and have a good knowledge of each course, because when you get up into the top of the Pro tier, or Master tier then the competition really ramps up - so having a good knowledge of the game will help you when the time comes.

just mho, for what its worth.

Enjoy, and a Happy New Year to you :-)

Cheers Doug

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2009 11:45 PM

Grumbleguts:
    I have yet to see a club available to amatture that isn't available to hacks.  Is there a reason for this, or is it because hacks are only hacks for such a short time?

I'm sure that's the reason, Grumbleguts.    There has never been Amateur-exclusive equipment in this game.

• academicwarhawk2
    1 Posts
    Mon, Sep 5 2011 5:04 PM

What's with the Tour Pro tier? How low does your score have to be to get to that?

• TheProfessorX
    41 Posts
    Tue, Sep 6 2011 5:17 PM

academicwarhawk2:

What's with the Tour Pro tier? How low does your score have to be to get to that?

You have to average 72 as a Pro.

RSS