Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Swing Meter What Gives ?

Fri, Jun 28 2024 12:43 PM (23 replies)
  • SamSpayed
    4,932 Posts
    Sun, Jun 2 2024 2:51 PM

garyk49:
    Nope doesn't work. I still see high CPU usage and High memory usage along with high GPU usage until I actually shutdown Bluestacks.  Then both Nox and LD Player will run correctly again lag free.  Looking at both the Process and Performance tabs of the task manager.  By stopping Bluestacks then the CPU, Memory and GPU will then fall and let the others run correctly.

I'm kind of surprised you're running Bluestacks and Nox (and LD Player) at the same time.  Most people just run one or the other 🙂

You could also try going into the settings on each Bluestacks instance you're running and changing the settings on the Performance tab.  And, if you have more than one GPU in your PC, you could also go into the Graphics tab and turn off "Prefer dedicated GPU".  I did that on my laptop, which has 2 GPUs (an Nvidia gaming GPU and an Intel integrated graphics GPU).  I have Bluestacks running on the integrated graphics and WGT running on my Nvidia GPU.

• lonniescott711
    4,192 Posts
    Sat, Jun 15 2024 8:49 AM

Well after much trouble shooting I finally figured it out. The problem wasn`t my computer at all . The meter issues are all on WGT`s end and not my fault . After going through my system and trying everything that I could it took playing some practice rounds to figure it out 

It`s part of the games program and nothing that I can do about it. So until something happens I guess that I wont be playing outside of practice rounds for awhile . No sense wasting good balls if the game is`nt going to let me play. Maybe the next update will make the game play better . Until then it`s practice rounds with the rock

• BlackBogey
    347 Posts
    Sat, Jun 15 2024 10:51 AM

lonniescott711:

Well after much trouble shooting I finally figured it out. The problem wasn`t my computer at all . The meter issues are all on WGT`s end and not my fault . After going through my system and trying everything that I could it took playing some practice rounds to figure it out 

It`s part of the games program and nothing that I can do about it. So until something happens I guess that I wont be playing outside of practice rounds for awhile . No sense wasting good balls if the game is`nt going to let me play. Maybe the next update will make the game play better . Until then it`s practice rounds with the rock

I'm sure you probably already tried since you've been troubleshooting everything else, but if not possibly try the Scott Hope Full uninstall/reinstall including the registry entries?  If you don't have anything else running that is eating RAM/CPU usage, it seems maybe some bit of code got corrupted in your Launcher or behind the scenes game settings.

It seems to be something on your end, not WGT, or this place and Discord would be flooded with complaints.

Anyway, best of luck to you - hope it sorts itself out for you soon.

• lonniescott711
    4,192 Posts
    Fri, Jun 21 2024 4:21 AM

BlackBogey:
    It seems to be something on your end, not WGT, or this place and Discord would be flooded with complaints.
    Not really as Discord is another platform which I don't use so the game would play differently which is the same as here . Just because you aren't having any problems doesn`t mean that there are no problems as has always been the case here . Everyone's system is not the same and one fix doesn't work for everyone. 

Been playing the game for 13 years now and learned the fixes right here in the forums. The only thing I haven`t done yet is a factory reset. But I`ve had both HP and Microsoft do a troubleshoot on my laptop and neither one could find any problems on my end. Will just play practice rounds with the rock until the next update and see if the meter settles down again. 

If it does fine and if not then I guess it`ll be time to move on and find another game. 

• Duphpherer
    447 Posts
    Fri, Jun 21 2024 12:40 PM

Have you tried down-rezzing the picture and turning off optional graphics to take load off your graphics card to test? WGT software isn't all that friendly and their servers/connectivity is suspect. 

• lonniescott711
    4,192 Posts
    Sat, Jun 22 2024 4:36 AM

Duphpherer:

Have you tried down-rezzing the picture and turning off optional graphics to take load off your graphics card to test? WGT software isn't all that friendly and their servers/connectivity is suspect. 

Yes I`ve turned off everything that I can turn off . The thing is is that the meter only acts up when I have the right club and shot selected . Even in practice rounds it`s the same thing . I can pick a club and shot as long as it`s wrong the meter is smooth as butter . But once I select the correct club and shot then there goes the meter . The same thing happens when putting to. The correct line and power when putting I get meter stutter otherwise meter is smooth as can be . 

I know it sounds crazy but it is what it is. I`ve tried changing displays graphics turning off all backgrounds apps that can be turned off. I`ve done the uninstall and then re install the app and nothing yet has worked. So we have another update coming in a few days will just have to wait and see if things get better then. The only thing left to do is a factory reset which is my last resort. I dont have anything on this laptop but the game app and a system cleaner so wont be losing anything important if I do it. 

• pika780
    5 Posts
    Sat, Jun 22 2024 5:08 AM

Since you've already tried the basics like reinstalling and cleaning, a few more things you could check: update your Intel Iris graphics drivers, adjust game settings to lower graphics, make sure no background apps are hogging resources, and keep an eye on your laptop's temperature. 

• lonniescott711
    4,192 Posts
    Sun, Jun 23 2024 11:02 AM

pika780:

Since you've already tried the basics like reinstalling and cleaning, a few more things you could check: update your Intel Iris graphics drivers, adjust game settings to lower graphics, make sure no background apps are hogging resources, and keep an eye on your laptop's temperature. 

Have done all that I can do now . I`ve even done a reset and the problem still remains. Now will have to wait for this weeks update to help me out. If not then I guess I`m through playing or will only be playing with the rock in practice rounds. My laptop stays cool I have a 6 fan docking station for it to sit on so it never overheats. Will be back after the update. 

• ScottHope
    10,210 Posts
    Sun, Jun 23 2024 11:16 AM

Go to visit a friend and play on their computer Lonnie, just to see if it is your account or your machine that is at fault. Make sure you log out when you're done though. ; )

Pika is a bot by the way.

• MioKontic
    4,617 Posts
    Sun, Jun 23 2024 4:27 PM

Lonnie - can you do a video to show what is happening and post it here.  If you have Windows 10 it's easy to do via Gamebox settings.

Not that I don't believe you, but it is rather hard to believe that it only happens when you pick the 'correct' club and 'correct' shot.  I say it like that because there is no 'correct' shot as every shot can be played in different ways.

As others have said, and I agree with them, this won't be a WGT fault, it has to be something on your end.  Do as I suggested and record a video of one or two holes so that we can see what is happening.  And show us the difference in the meter when you select the 'correct' shot and when you select another shot.

And finally, just because you think you've turned everything else off or stopped other apps running, there can still be many things running in the background on your PC that you may not be aware of.  Can you also tell us the spec of your PC, particularly the amount of RAM it has, and also the amount of free space on your hard drive; since most things these days are stored in the cloud, manufacturers have decreased the size of hard drives.  And every new operating system is bigger and uses much more space and resources than you might think.  Some antivirus software can also be a big drain on resources.

RSS