4,192 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2024 4:24 AM

@Mio ; My specs are HP Pavilion Windows 11Home

13th Gen Intel Core i7-1360P 2.20GHz Processors

16.0 GB Ram 15.6 usable

Intel Iris Xe Graphics

1 Terabyte hard drive

64Bit Operating Systemx64 based processor

If there is no such thing as a correct shot then what is the purpose of mapping the clubs and learning the distances ? Also dont tell that to the players who are shooting those super low 50 scores as they may laugh you out of the game . Oh and I dont have Game box on Windows 11

• BlackBogey
    350 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2024 8:10 AM

lonniescott711:

@Mio ; My specs are HP Pavilion Windows 11Home

13th Gen Intel Core i7-1360P 2.20GHz Processors

16.0 GB Ram 15.6 usable

Intel Iris Xe Graphics

1 Terabyte hard drive

64Bit Operating Systemx64 based processor

If there is no such thing as a correct shot then what is the purpose of mapping the clubs and learning the distances ? Also dont tell that to the players who are shooting those super low 50 scores as they may laugh you out of the game . Oh and I dont have Game box on Windows 11

Your specs look more than adequate.

Mio is 💯correct that there are often several ways to play a given shot, and if you watch any of the best players stream a match you can see them thinking through the shot.  For example, say I have a shot that calculates out to 155yds.  My 7 iron FBS is mapped at 154yds, and my 8 iron is mapped at 156 flat (no spin).  The club I hit will be based on the wind and slope of landing area.  If its low or neutral wind and the green slopes from back to front (into me) I'll usually select the flat 8 iron hitting it slightly less than 100% knowing it will release up the slope a bit once it hits.  Sure I could step on the 9 iron but it's likely going to hit hole high at best and then spin back away from the hole.  The best chance to make it is to have it rolling the last few feet towards the hole like a putt, so to me the 8 iron is a smarter choice although either could suffice.

And Mio meant to say Game Bar, not Gamebox, and you do have it built into any version of Windows 10 or 11 (unless you've uninstalled it for whatever reason).  Here's a link explaining how it works: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/record-a-game-clip-on-your-pc-with-game-bar-2f477001-54d4-1276-9144-b0416a307f3c#:~:text=Game%20Bar%20is%20built%20into,screenshots%20while%20playing%20PC%20games.

Sorry it's not pretty, I need to read some of Scott Hope's tutorials on how to insert a link properly. 😉

• lonniescott711
    4,192 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2024 10:59 AM

@B Bogey Yes I know there`s more than 1 way to play a shot . I`ve been here playing the game for 13 years now so am pretty familiar how everything works . Yes I do have Game Bar but I dont use it . This laptop I use only for playing the game and streaming videos at times . With all of the signing in garbage just to use something in windows is why I don't use most of the programs . Anyway the game seems to have settled down after the update , The meter is smoother and more playable than before . So its back to the basics and playing practice rounds for fun and hopefully I will also keep my sanity . Thanks guys for the help advice and insight . 

• BlackBogey
    350 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2024 12:43 PM

lonniescott711:

@B Bogey Yes I know there`s more than 1 way to play a shot . I`ve been here playing the game for 13 years now so am pretty familiar how everything works . Yes I do have Game Bar but I dont use it . This laptop I use only for playing the game and streaming videos at times . With all of the signing in garbage just to use something in windows is why I don't use most of the programs . Anyway the game seems to have settled down after the update , The meter is smoother and more playable than before . So its back to the basics and playing practice rounds for fun and hopefully I will also keep my sanity . Thanks guys for the help advice and insight . 

Glad you got it going @ L Scott! 

I was confused and took your post to mean that the game thinks there is only one correct shot for each circumstance, and if you guessed what the game wanted your meter would work, and if not you had problems.  No disrespect meant towards your skill.

And just so you know if you're ever interested, Game Bar does not require any extra sign-in, it will just run the same as Microsoft Edge or most other pre-installed Microsoft programs - once you sign into Windows it will just be there ready to go.  It has a feature that allows you to hit Win+Alt+G and it will capture the last 30 seconds of game play that is very useful for trying to figure out what happened on those head-scratching shot results (did I forget to switch clubs or shot type, forget to add spin, mistake up elevation for down elevation, or was it truly a "WGT Moment").  It does take some minor setting up the first time you use it but after that it's pretty much on and ready in the background.

RSS