Help › Forums

Re: Use of spin

Thu, Aug 22 2024 11:18 AM (24 replies)
  • Redmonod
    27 Posts
    Thu, Jul 18 2024 4:37 PM

SamSpayed:

Redmonod:
    there may be some use for full backspin on a wedge on a normal shot, but I don't know what it is. Maybe to counteract a very high tailwind?

I'll use a bit of BS on a full wedge shot if it's uphill a ways.  For example, I had a shot earlier today that was 66 yds to the pin / 24 ft uphill.  So I added some BS to that shot so it wouldn't hit and roll out too far.  

Sam, great suggestion! 

• pdiehm
    292 Posts
    Sat, Jul 27 2024 4:08 AM

yep.  a slight backspin here basically gets it to stop dead.  if you go 1/4 backspin or more, it'll hit and spin back, so it's gotta be just a hair of spin, like 15% does wonders.

• Alpick1
    77 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2024 8:31 PM

There’s different ways to go, but as soon you start playing with quality balls that you’ll stick with, it’ll be good to map different spins%.

Basically you need to map 100%, 75%, 50% and 25% spins to adapt to any approaches situations. Some are mapping less and others, like me, are using some more like I also have the 45% and the 60% spins that I find very useful too. Be careful with the 75% & 100% spins, if you have an uphill slope after the hole, chances are that it’ll generates some amount of back spin.

But my best advice on this topic is DON”T EVER USE the up & down clicks arrow's beside the ball to place your green dot at the spin%, the clicks are very imprecise. Instead, use the ball dimples to spot the spins you’ll going to use. That is the best way to get the correct spin% at each shot. 

• ssono
    5 Posts
    Thu, Aug 22 2024 11:18 AM

Per qanto mi riguarda io lo uso tantissimo con gli iron...uso solo palline distanza 2 ...so che tutto lo spin mi porterà via 5 yrd se il vento è laterale se e contro scelgo sempre un ferro in più ...in certi casi con l apparel uso meno spin  ciao frenk

• ssono
    5 Posts
    Thu, Aug 22 2024 11:18 AM

Per qanto mi riguarda io lo uso tantissimo con gli iron...uso solo palline distanza 2 ...so che tutto lo spin mi porterà via 5 yrd se il vento è laterale se e contro scelgo sempre un ferro in più ...in certi casi con l apparel uso meno spin  ciao frenk

RSS