Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Andyson Memorial 2024

Wed, Sep 18 2024 11:33 AM (755 replies)
  • Beermoose60
    197 Posts
    Tue, Sep 17 2024 2:52 PM

Chambers did me in today. Good luck to everyone going forward.

09.17.24 Chambers Bay, Full 18 Champion 63
  • TutaCandraP
    22 Posts
    Wed, Sep 18 2024 3:20 AM
    09.18.24 Chambers Bay, Full 18 Champion 59
  • JDGHOST
    6,886 Posts
    Wed, Sep 18 2024 3:44 AM

MioKontic:

Due to extenuating circumstances (which is not my place to go into), I am allowing JDGHOST to play Oakmont in the Strokeplay Survivor.  He should be playing it today, after which he will either be eliminated or will go through to play Chambers Bay.

Thank you Mio ...I was able to salvage a mediocre round with a strong finish 

09.18.24 Oakmont C.C., Full 18 Tour Champion 59
  • overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Wed, Sep 18 2024 5:13 AM

MioKontic:

overtheedge:
    There is nothing more enjoyable and memorable than playing the andyson Memorial, especially with players I haven't talked to in a long time. It seems like 100 years ago I was ALWAYS in the forums. Some days I would spend more time in the forums then actually playing golf,lol.

You weren't the only one!  And Andyson was one of the reasons we spent so much time in here (along with YancyCan, LizzieRossetti, StrangeMagic, Dr Jedi aka Priestess, and a few others), hence why we want to keep this memorial tournament going as long as possible.  Many of his posts were incredibly funny, but he was also very talented when it came to IT stuff, and like you say, he helped many people many times over.

There may come a time when none of those playing in the tournament actually knew Andyson, but that doesn't mean the tournament can't live on.

Man Mio.

NOW these names YancyCan, LizzieRossetti, StrangeMagic, Dr Jedi aka Priestess, bring back such GREAT memories. Wow! Just a few of the wonderful people with characteristics that went above and beyond respectable, caring and courteous.  

God willing, I will be around next year to join in. I played in the first 3 or 4 Memorials and they were a blast. Again, a HUGE Thank You to EVERYONE who has kept our dear friend andyson Still Alive and Well through this tournament.

Mio summed it all up in his post. I've been a member of this community for 16 years and it seems like yesterday I couldn't wait to get on and into the Forums to see what was happening, LOL !

You are ALL wonderful. Your friend, Jeff  aka: OTE

• donarsky61
    301 Posts
    Wed, Sep 18 2024 10:24 AM
    09.18.24 Chambers Bay, Full 18 Champion 61
  • Simhar0
    319 Posts
    Wed, Sep 18 2024 11:33 AM

It's getting hard!!!

09.18.24 Chambers Bay, Full 18 Tour Legend 60
RSS