Re: Golf balls

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 10 2024 3:31 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • moto176
    5 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2024 5:49 AM

Why are golf balls so expensive compared to clubs etc

They should be 20 to 40 for 3 good quality golf balls, not 1200-1500 credits

Can anyone explain why?

• Squatch031
    193 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2024 10:13 AM

Money!

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,626 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2024 10:59 AM

moto176:
    Why are golf balls so expensive compared to clubs etc

You've never purchased printer ink cartridges, have you?

• craigswan
    31,504 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2024 12:44 PM

There is no need to spend $4 a golf ball!  Golf ball manufacturers have brought excellent performance to their products at all price points, which puts more money in your pocket.  We did see some evidence that more expensive balls spin more on wedge shots, specifically short wedge shots, and it’s up to each individual to decide if that one element is worth paying double or triple for.

• craigswan
    31,504 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2024 12:45 PM

Are More Expensive Golf Balls Better? - Golf Myths Unplugged - Plugged ...

• XrayJoe
    3 Posts
    Thu, Aug 29 2024 8:12 PM

Youre absolutely right. It really isn't worth it. Someone gifted me pro1v and I use lvl 48 tp5x. More spin but definitely not worth it. I absolutely love the tp5x but I hate the glitches costing me balls lol. 

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Fri, Aug 30 2024 9:55 AM

Although this game is advertised as free to play its not free of cost . WGT has to pay their staff taxes utilities and other fees as well. Yes this game can be quite costly for your enjoyment which is why you do what you can to earn free credits. You dont have to play with the most expensive balls in order to have fun and enjoy the game.

All you have to do is play and have fun and enjoy the friends that you make.  

• bob2putt
    1,265 Posts
    Mon, Sep 2 2024 12:01 PM

It's $60.00 per dz of Titleist Pro V's at the Uinta golf shop near me and more in the golf course pro shops. WGT wants 1500 credits for 3 balls which probably comes out to $5 a ball. They don't last as long on here as the real ones if I hit tham where I aim and keep them dry. I think charging the same amount for a pixel image as the real ball is a little excessive. True, nobody is forcing us to play them but more players may it they came down a little.

• BlackBogey
    455 Posts
    Mon, Sep 2 2024 4:49 PM

bob2putt:

It's $60.00 per dz of Titleist Pro V's at the Uinta golf shop near me and more in the golf course pro shops. WGT wants 1500 credits for 3 balls which probably comes out to $5 a ball. They don't last as long on here as the real ones if I hit tham where I aim and keep them dry. I think charging the same amount for a pixel image as the real ball is a little excessive. True, nobody is forcing us to play them but more players may it they came down a little.

They also don't charge you green fees here, so add that into the cost of your real life golf comparison.  Good luck getting on any half decent course for less than $50-75 for 18 holes (with cart) on weekends, and that's for one round.

• tramilleo
    1,881 Posts
    Tue, Sep 3 2024 2:22 AM

18 and a cart is $40  here in southern Indiana, and same prices in western Kentucky, i play 2-3x a week  so it comes out to $90  for   2 rounds and the cart

• PAGES
RSS