Help › Forums

Golf balls

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 16 2024 2:23 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Robert1893
    7,710 Posts
    Tue, Sep 3 2024 8:44 AM

I agree with the posts immediately above. Comparing cost of balls to real life quickly breaks down once other real-life costs are included in the calculation.

Additionally, in a discussion of comparing cost of balls to real life, it seems like the cost of clubs (WGT vs. real life) is always overlooked or simply ignored. The cost of WGT clubs is lower than real life by a factor of 5 to 10. Moreover, the clubs do not degrade over time.

Regardless, to me, the most important point to consider is the fact there are balls across the whole price range, with at least 30 options under 400 credits. The fact there are sleeves costing over 1,600 credits does not negate the fact that a player can purchase a great sleeve of balls for 250 credits (Callaway Chrome Soft). 

What I would like to see is WGT offer a subscription-type option similar to the boosts. For X days, a player purchases a ball with unlimited hits. While the cost would be very high, some players would find it attractive (and maybe even play more). 

• sheepsass
    655 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2024 3:31 AM

• moto176
    6 Posts
    Mon, Sep 16 2024 2:23 AM

I agree with the last paragraph, but golf balls need to be inline with cost of clubs etc

It doesn't make senc3 for a sleeve of 3 to cost more than a set of cheaper clubs

• PAGES
RSS