Re: Coin games rigged?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 14 2024 9:34 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SamSpayed
    4,997 Posts
    Sat, Sep 7 2024 3:18 PM

Treep842:

"As a Legend, your putts-per-hole should be below 1.60, your one-putts should be about 45%, and your 3 putts should be 5% or less."

Thanks for that input. I am curious where/how those stats were developed? I am not disputing the figures, just interested in the background.

Hi Treep.  They are solely my own opinions, based on 7½ years of playing, observing, and analyzing.  Others may disagree, and are certainly welcome to do so 😉

BlackBogey:

In certain lower level rooms the lower tiered player already gets a tee box advantage (even though they can have great equipment unlocked), and they also get an advantage on the greens with "larger hole" and longer "gimmes". 

It is true that in Paris, Chelsea, and Beverly Hills, the tees are based on each player's Tier (it says so right on the room description).  I've also personally observed a Hack being able to take a 7-foot gimme, and have heard they actually get 10 feet.  Are other lower-tiers allowed to take longer gimmes as well? 

And, where are you getting that lower-tiered players get a larger hole?  I've heard that before, but have never seen any proof of it.

• derekortt
    666 Posts
    Sat, Sep 7 2024 7:33 PM

chadm2057:

Has anyone ever run into getting beat by Masters and Tour Masters constantly in coin games but being able to win in Stroke Play against Legends a reasonable amount of time? 

Man is it frustrating as it makes me think Coin games are rigged. Yes my putting sucks but geez.

Play better

• BlackBogey
    459 Posts
    Sun, Sep 8 2024 2:19 PM

SamSpayed:

And, where are you getting that lower-tiered players get a larger hole?  I've heard that before, but have never seen any proof of it.

Just personal opinion, nothing really to base it on other than playing against lower tier players who seem to make an inordinate amount of 20-25 footers in the lower coin rooms.  Probably not a larger hole, but maybe because of the lower level they have more "forgiveness" or whatever you want to call it.

• derekortt
    666 Posts
    Sun, Sep 8 2024 2:52 PM

BlackBogey:

SamSpayed:

Just personal opinion, nothing really to base it on other than playing against lower tier players who seem to make an inordinate amount of 20-25 footers in the lower coin rooms.  Probably not a larger hole, but maybe because of the lower level they have more "forgiveness" or whatever you want to call it.

The bigger issue is that most greens in the coin rooms are Velcro. Would be nice to be putting on ice

• derekortt
    666 Posts
    Sat, Sep 14 2024 9:34 AM

One thing that I have noticed, holy moly has the deviation been cranked up across the board recently

• PAGES
RSS