Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Tournament Greens

Wed, Dec 7 2011 3:09 PM (23 replies)
  • SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Wed, Dec 7 2011 11:42 AM

TGor:

My Daytona putter rolls 42 feet on the 30 foot scale full power. TM tourney greens.

Tony

Elevation included?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Dec 7 2011 11:50 AM

3puttsSuk:

Ive noticed no one talks about avatar movements.  I guess with all the different putters out there, finding the distance is more important.

They are talking about how to figure out the strength of the putt. Avatar moves make it easy to get what you figured but you still have to figure the strength first.

• gatordee
    281 Posts
    Wed, Dec 7 2011 2:47 PM

Tourney pro greens- I takes the distance and figure in the elevation. If up, I add the inches and down I subtract them. Then I subtract %30. So a 30 foot putt, up 6 inches would be       30+6(%30)  = 36 x .30=10.8  then 36-10.8= 25.2 foot putt, so I would hit 26 ish.     Now Legend I do the same except I go with%35. Sounds complicated but everything can be done in your head and then if it is a big number, just use a calculator  and multiply the %. Now the uphill and downhill people asre talking about I am sure is correct but that is getting too complicated for me. But if going up hill a great distance, i add a lil pep 2 it, and down I take a lil off. If you practice this a bit, u can get pretty good with it. The most important thing is to calculate your elevation.

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Wed, Dec 7 2011 3:09 PM

gatordee:
    30 foot putt, up 6 inches...<snip>......I would hit 26 ish

On TM greens I'd hit that one to go about 30 ft, and on legend greens I'd hit it to go about 28.5 ft......with minor adjustments depending on whether it's uphill or downhill at the hole (putt could be 10 inches up at 24ft and then be downhill to the hole, for instance).

Hitting it 26 seems way too light in my books.  I take off about 20% for TM greens and 25% for legend.  But that's just me....

RSS