Help › Forums

Are you addicted to golf

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 7 2011 12:25 PM (0 replies)
  • hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Dec 7 2011 12:25 PM

You know your addicted to golf when...
    • you have played when it's 35 degrees out.
    • you take your own putter to play mini golf.
    • you know who David Leadbetter is.
    • you can use MOI in a sentence.
    • all of your pants have a tees in the pockets.
    • your one hand is clearly more tan than the other.
    • you know your last 5 scores but not your moms's age.
    • you call in sick on the day your new clubs are to arrive.
    • you keep your clubs in your trunk at all times "just in case."
    • a perfectly manicured lawn gets you more excited than pictures of Cindy Crawford topless.
    • you have club marks on a ceiling somewhere in your house.
    • when traveling you're more excited to see a golf course than unusual wildlife.
    • you're known to start swinging your shoulders and pivoting your hips in the middle of conversations
    • you go to Hooters once a week "to support John Daly."
    • you have played through drenching rain to avoid slower groups.
    • you'll practice your swing with anything; a tv remote, a stick in the woods, a broom or your kids' toys.
    • you recognize Johnny Miller's voice and can instantly tune it out like your wife's.
    • you're on every golf retailers catalog mailing list (and actually read them all).
    • when discussing architecture you mention Ross, Nicklaus, and PB Dye.
    • there is home video of your golf swing for the purpose of "analyzation.
    • when someone says its 56 degrees outside you start thinking about your sand wedge.
    • you know who Sam Woods is and dream of your toddler someday marrying her.
    • you have said "I am broke, "I never have any time," and "Do you want to go golfing tomorrow?" all in the same conversation.
    • you've ducked behind a tree when you realize your boss is on the course too.
    • you can identify the differences between bent, bermuda and poa anna grass.

I bolded the ones that pertain to me. lol   and yep.....my clubs are in the trunk of my car as I sit here.   Wondering if the december in Michigan this year will let me get one more round any day now.

RSS