Forums

Help › Forums

Re: After a week of solid playing...

Sat, Jan 2 2010 12:47 PM (6 replies)
  • BabylonCome
    5 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2009 3:53 PM

Firstly let me apologise if any of these suggestions have been made before, but since discovering this game just over a week ago I have been unable to "put it down" so to speak and haven't really read through these forums properly.

I have also got over 14 friends involved during this past week and we have just kicked off our own internal clan tournament. Some semi decent clubs and balls have also been purchased to help improve my game (which it has a little). While I am still discovering things about this game, the frustrating putting is sometimes a right grrrrrrr...

So here's my 2 cents of what is needed in this game to take it to the next level:

First and foremost, this is a must: Putting greens and a driving range
    These are needed big time to help us improve our driving and putting with out the bits in between. Also the ability to re-take your last shot to try different things out would be nice too.

Try Before You Buy:
    This would also be nice to try out new clubs before spending good money on them only to find out you don't get on with them.

Multi-player - Kick Option:
    There has been too many times now while during a multi-player game, one person decides they want to leave but do so on their shot. This then loops the game on their shot and the rest of the party cannot continue their game. If the person hosting the game could have a kick option, this would solve this problem.

Multi-player Pause option:
    Another good idea is to have the option to pause a multi-player session mid game. To allow people to go and take a quick 5 min break. This could be like a vote option, where all players must agree, to stop it being abused.

Purchased Player Buffs:
    As an idea for extra items that could be sold in the pro-shop, what about player buffs such as "Power Bar Helper" which displays a percentage meter alone the power-bar (25% - 50% - 75%). Other buffs could include a concerntration boost, to help slow the swing meter a little.

That's about it so far, gotta say that this is an awesome and well addictive game and top marks to the producers for what they have achieved. I understand that the other courses will be fully available soon for stroke play - I hope so and I sometimes wish there was a way of continuing a multi-player session if something goes wrong and someone gets disconnected or something, tis a right spoil when you have been playing for 3 or 4 hours and someone loses connection on hole 17.

More golf anyone.....?

• Jesty1
    1 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 1:35 PM

Hi There,

I also started playing this game about a week ago...

I too have to say that the creators have done a great Job...

I would have to say the putting Green and the Driving range sound like a fantastic Idea!!!!!!

Bring On The Future Stoke Play Courses

A++++++

• sylverhare75
    44 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 6:24 PM

I agree with those ideas... Although I do belive that the driving range and putting green had been brought up before( even tho a refresh to the Admin's 'to do' list does not hurt)... The multi player game pause and the host discresionary boot (such a harsh term) are good ideas... even I have to step away every now and again during play... I would like to see that... including a complete group vote for pause/resume option...

The one idea that i see is one I had thought of but was not sure it had been brought up before is the actual hash mark power percentage meter... good... that would help me out greatly...

The slow meter idea...  would be great... maybe avail on practice rounds( get used to the power) then go out and play ranked rounds with out..hopefully the meter 'sneezes' have been worked out by then...

^^I am working a bit of an experiment right now with the swing meter being eratic by testing swing rates with standard/ one tick/ and two tick WGT balls (follow up later after testing, verifying and submission of results are done)

Till next time...

hit em long ..straight..and  infrequently

• Bimmerman50
    3 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2010 6:47 AM

Am lovin playing this game because its similar to the old LINKS game by Access.I'm hoping the creators of this will look back at that game and make some stuff similar to that.Heck it had a course designer that would let people design there on courses .I actually have Augusta national and the Par 3 course which someone created and its close to perfect.COMON GUYS.Surely we can make it better than a game that is prob 10 - 12 years old.IM WAITING.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2010 7:38 AM

Happy New Year Bimmerman.  I, too, played many of the Links courses that were created by users.  My favorite was Pebble Beach from the 1930's, without all those multi-million dollar mansions lining a lot of the fairways.  Look closer at the WGT courses.  Unlike Links, these are created wiith thousands of High Definition photographs.  So if there were a course designer for WGT you'd have to grab your camera first and head out to your favorite course and take a lot of photographs.  So there's really no way of implementing that feature.

• Biker15k
    84 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2010 12:06 PM

Really like the idea of the Driving Range and Putting Green. That would be great.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2010 12:47 PM

Under the FAQs on the right ------------------>

There are two links you all should check out.

Player Suggestion List

Upcoming Product Releases

RSS