Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Made Legend in Style

Mon, Jan 2 2012 4:26 PM (27 replies)
  • zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Mon, Dec 19 2011 2:32 AM

Congrats.

You should feel free to play any avatar you like ... no explanations required.

• johnpolockus
    33 Posts
    Mon, Dec 19 2011 5:42 AM

well done on reaching legend status...happy hitting ...

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Dec 19 2011 7:06 AM

jmehdi:
    When I started playing here, every other golfer was a blond white guy in a white shirt, and so was I. It wasn't just the stupid feeling you get when you momentarily panic because you can't find the controls to someone else's avatar, it's also the stupid feeling you get when you sit there vapidly waiting for your own avatar to magically swing because you think it's someone else's shot.

Very well stated post jmehdi. I remember when WGT gave away the avatar with the green shirt and khaki pants for free. I played an Alt-shot game and every player had the same exact avatar. The same can be said with the Ketel-one avatar as well. : )

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Mon, Dec 19 2011 8:37 AM

Well done, jmehdi,  on reaching legend status - good to read a post where someone is actually just enjoying the game.

Found your explanation as to why you use the female avatar very funny - can relate to it, think we've all been in games when another player has the same avatar and despite being here for a while I still find myself staring blankly at the screen watching the clock run down thinking 'why ain't he hitting it?'  only to realise at the last second it's my turn or else I'll hit all views available whilst having a panic attack when playing another with the same attire as I'll be convinced my power bar has suddenly vanished into thin air!!!!  LOL

Btw you'll make loads of new friends on your first few rounds - Mr Tree on BP#2 and his cousin on CCC #4 (and I don't mean the one at the side of the green).

Happy hittin'!

;o)

• Danmark2010
    805 Posts
    Mon, Dec 19 2011 3:47 PM

jmehdi:

Just made legend at level 69 and I did it at Cabo, shooting my first 28, including my first Hole In One. As an added bonus, I won the gold bottom of the cup award at the end of the round.

Yay!

Now comes the fun part. I was already out driven by 20-30 yards already. I guess now I'm going to be out driven by 50 ish. I'm up for it.

(I told myself I wouldn't post an "I made legend announcement", but apparently I was wrong. What can I say? I'm proud.)

Anyway. GL. See you out there.

Welcome to League of Legends CC and congratulations for make it a Legend

With all respect

Danmark2010 & League of Legends CC

• mara43
    1,674 Posts
    Mon, Dec 19 2011 4:05 PM

Congrats in making Legend in just over 2 months....some going....took alot of burning the midnight oil...!!

Oakmont will be a good old tester...!!

mara43

• Willsstrs
    632 Posts
    Mon, Jan 2 2012 2:06 PM

WigerToods2010:

Btw you'll make loads of new friends on your first few rounds - Mr Tree on BP#2 and his cousin on CCC #4 (and I don't mean the one at the side of the green).

I met them very early on...it seems they are extra friendly to me because my golf ball seems to like hanging out with them...LOL...until I got the R11 driver which smacked some sense into the golf ball...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jan 2 2012 4:26 PM

Willsstrs:
    I met them very early on...it seems they are extra friendly to me because my golf ball seems to like hanging out with them...LOL...until I got the R11 driver which smacked some sense into the golf ball...

LOL

RSS