Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Green speed in matchplay

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 2 2010 12:40 PM (4 replies)
  • WojciechMigda
    158 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 3:07 PM

Maybe I am mising sth but now I can't find green speed indication until I am on the green of the 1st hole. It is drawn random. However, I'd like to know that when faced with a chip or bunker shot to judge the distance the ball will be rolling on the green.

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 3:12 PM

In a rated or scored match, the green speed defaults to the higher-tiered player. If you are playing a master, then the greens will be VERY FAST... for pros, i believe  they are just FAST, but don't hold me to that. If the match is set up in the practice mode, then you would need to ask the player who set it up about the conditions.

Jeff

• WojciechMigda
    158 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 3:45 PM

aaa, that would make sense. I just remember playing very fast or fast greens without prior notice. Now it kind of matches with the opponents' ranks. Thanks for the tip :)

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2010 5:18 AM

I think of it this way... when I'm out on a real course, I don't know the actual speed of the green until my ball has actually rolled on it. Hence, the timing of when WGT allows me to see the green speed on the first hole of the round.

I'm just glad that individual greens don't have seperate (their own) speeds throughout the course. THAT would be a trip! :)

Good Luck.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2010 12:40 PM

PugsAce:

I'm just glad that individual greens don't have seperate (their own) speeds throughout the course. THAT would be a trip! :)

Good Luck.

SHHhhh PUGS!  Don't give them any ideas! LOL

RSS