Forums

Help › Forums

Re: kids and reality

Wed, Jan 13 2010 10:28 AM (25 replies)
  • chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Tue, Jan 12 2010 6:40 PM

nivlac:
    The fact that you are unable to acknowledge this simple fact shows me that you are wholly incapable of making a logical argument on this topic.  Your total lack of respect for the laws in my country is utterly incomprehensible.

Sorry Nivlac i take offense to this comment i live in Australia where we include our children in all aspects of life responsibly unlike in the USA where your always looking for a scape goat, or someone to sue its outrageous.Take away the gambling and let the children play.   You seem to get very defensive towards Faterson isnt free speech part of your laws too !! IMHO if you want to gamble play a slot machine and leave this for what it is, a game wich all the family should play.BTW Nivlac you don`t have children i guess.I know your oppinion will change when and if you have one.

thx chippy

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Jan 12 2010 6:52 PM

Thanks for the general stereotypes charlie.

Free speech is apart of ours law, yes.  It's the first amendment of our Constitution and no one should be allowed to restrict it.  Having a civil disagreement with someone is not a restriction of his freedom.

So yeah, to each their own.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Jan 12 2010 7:35 PM

nivlac your right about this issue. It's our friends around the world who are having an issue with this matter. Their laws are more liberal and that could be the difference. It's clear WGT is NOT going to change the rules they have in place that addresses this issue.

Any further discussion on this subject seems pointless to me. Just my opinion.

• JoelWhite
    101 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2010 8:32 AM

Neildiamond11790 sez....

"And on a further note, regarding the adult chat room this kind of is, no good has ever come from adults and children in sites that allow chat"

Absolutely true...the last thing this site needs is the reputation as a gathering place for underage players being available to adults for the purpose of "chatting".

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2010 8:54 AM

So i mention a monopoly board and virtual credits, and it gets deleted, any reason why WGT? I didnt say anything out of turn...how strange

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2010 10:28 AM

JoelWhite:
    the last thing this site needs is the reputation as a gathering place for underage players being available to adults for the purpose of "chatting"

Joel you couldn't be more right. Take the gambling issue out of the equation and this alone is reason enough to keep the sign-up age 18 or older. Letting kids play virtual golf at WGT is just to risky. There is nothing anyone could say to make me believe otherwise.

RSS