Forums

Help › Forums

Re: just a suggestion

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 28 2011 11:17 AM (5 replies)
  • theshortdriver
    138 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2011 7:53 PM

I would like to see world golf bring back the reputation system...I was here when you briefly tried it b4..but think it got cancelled because some players said it was unfair.but it is my opinion that the ones that complained the most are for the most part..the ones that did  most of the quitting,I thought it was very fair and at least told another player who was more likely to finish a round and not quit two or thee holes in,,sometimes even on the first hole...could u think about bringing this back w g t..it wont stop people from quitting,but when enough players no longer play them because they quit..they may smarten up and realize it is just a fun game and the score means nothing..and the fun of playing it and making a friend should matter...more then anything

• dosed
    71 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2011 8:13 PM

I absolutely agree that would be wonderful, however I do not think it'll happen because those that do quit are a large part. And I have a feeling most would just quit WGT instead of finishing rounds when people stop playing them because of reputation. Some people seem to think their scores are inversely tied to the size of their penis. Lower score bigger penis.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2011 8:22 AM

IIRC,   I read the posts about the reputation thingy and the main problem was when someone would quit and freeze out the remaining players those that were left and froze out also got a negative hit on their own reputation.

But yes, I also agree that they should find a way to make it work and bring it back.  Maybe a "games completed" ratio, but only multiplayer games should count.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2011 8:58 AM

How about a simple winning % for MP,MPC and AS games like they do in baseball for batting average?

• Rightin
    1,248 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2011 10:09 AM

I agree on the completed game thingy, and also agree with Yankee on the baseball way as like batting averages.  The old way just wasn't fair or true to those who get booted during a game because of a problem stemming from WGT.   I was against the old way because of just that, and it has happened allot over these holidays. Just a coincidence I guess, but I was in a 18 hole alt, where I was booted and couldn't get back in the game after 15 holes, the end result was the team I was on won, "Go Figure"  the other team was making a come back when I was booted.  That made me uncomfortable as hell, all i could think was these guys are going to think I bailed, which wasn't the case. Hey jus sayn I'll take my losses, it happens but I'm not going to quit because I'm losing, NO WAY.    Also, I sent the players from the other team a message explaining what I had just been dealt by WGT, Who knows what they were thinking.  But the reputation thing isn't a fair way of judging players, and simply because of what I and many others have to deal with by WGT, and there issues, especially when we can't get back into a game.

I myself would not even go the reputation way, leave all as is.  Hey when I play, I look at the levels of other players, for the most part, the higher level player hang in a game, and very seldom quit.  Also I keep a list of players who have bailed, and when there names show in a game, I boot them there on the spot, they are those player who continually quit in games.  Hey! I give everyone a second chance, if they repeat they go on the; shite list.

Matter of fact...." Nix the reputation thingy "   I believe it will only be another problem, and this site already has enough....whispering to myself while pulling the last few hairs left on this old mans head, "If it ain't broke don't fix it"  and don't add anything that is totally unnecessary.  Just my opinion, and sorry if I ruffled any feathers. 

RSS