Re: WGT handicap?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 6 2012 3:08 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Mike3226
    2,683 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2012 3:08 PM

Sorry Leon

Only just read my wall today.  Don't usually scroll that far down.  We use a system combining the players average score, best 9 and best 18.  For instance a player with an average of 65, a best 9 of 30 and a best 18 of 60 would get a handicap calculated as follows:-

70% of the average score of 65 = 45.5

20% of best 9 score of 30  = 6.0 x 2 = 12.0 (x2 to equate to 18 holes)

10% of best 18 score of 60 = 6.0

This gives a total of 63.5

As in theory based on an average course par of 71 this would give the above player a handicap of plus 7.  We (I) wanted to set the club's best players handicaps as scratch and therefore calculated the handicaps setting the player or players with the lowest total set as scratch and work up from there, for example

if the lowest players handicap calculation gives total of 59.5, the above player would have an 18 hole handicap of 4 and a 9 hole handicap of 2. (63.5 minus 59.5 = 4 for 18 holes and 2 for 9 holes)

Recently we changed the system to reflect handicaps based on the average score only.  It was becoming a bit tedious going through every players profile to find out what their best 9 score is.

There is also provision for adjustment based on general play which we applied to certain bandits in an attempt to stop them winning.

Hope you can follow this because I'm having difficulty.  If you want a copy of the spreadsheet template.  PM me with your e-mail address and I will forward it to you.

Regards

Mike

Oh, and thanks Paul for the "not perfect" comment lol.

• PAGES
RSS