Forums

Help › Forums

Club deviation

Tue, Jan 5 2010 12:24 PM (0 replies)
  • WojciechMigda
    158 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 12:24 PM

The averages and single scores achieved at WGT have reached far beyond any real life limits. I vote for more randomness in the gameplay as we have in real life. I want tournaments where the winner has a score of a par on 18 holes, and I don't mind if I finish with a score in the 90s.

The changes would need to include:

1. more randomness in clubs direction/distance. This implies widening normal distribution half-height width with respect to the clubs "Precision" parameter.

2. implementing the "ball lie" feature (already suggested some time ago)

3. adding gusts in the wind

4. slight deviations in greens speed over entire course (in real life nobody is able to have EXACT stimp meter on every green on the course)

4a. Maybe even anisotropy in the green speed, just as observed in real life when during the day grass blades grow towards the sun. Pros take this into acount, why shouldn't we ?

5. Visualisation of the elevation change with less precision, or by means of a profile cross-section. In real life we usualy may have information of the elevation change at the tee, but once the ball is in the play we trust our eyes. I have never seen a rl golfer measuring the slope on the green with a liner and a bubble lever (but wait, I remember Czervik using laser-guided putter in Caddyshack II - are we having Chervik's followers here ?)

5a. Maybe this could be turned into a feature? Having distance meter in the proshop. Such meter (branded of course, brand owner will pay wgt for being displayed). Tournaments and matches would have an option for allowing such equipment.

6. hiccups, yips, shanks, hitting birds by accident, breaking shaft while teeing off ? (kidding ;) )

RSS